Getting a vin# run

Destin07

Registered
Would anybody on here be willing to run a VIN# on a frame for me....I just waited 2 weeks on a guy to get a title in and then I almost sent him the money and remembered I hadn't checked the vin:banghead: called up my police buddy ran the vin and the damn thing was straight up stolen...Now the police want me to help them with a controlled purchase and now I have to waste my time doing all that. Anyway I was offered another frame and I need to check the Vin# can anybody run it or does anybody have a clean title frame for sale. Thanks

please don't consider it a "waste of time" cops definetley can use some help now and again and i sure would like to see a thief get what he deserves. just my .02.

You would be helping all of your brothers who ride by helping catch the bastard. If you let this chance go by ge might screw someone else. Thanks for your help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Would anybody on here be willing to run a VIN# on a frame for me....I just waited 2 weeks on a guy to get a title in and then I almost sent him the money and remembered I hadn't checked the vin:banghead: called up my police buddy ran the vin and the damn thing was straight up stolen...Now the police want me to help them with a controlled purchase and now I have to waste my time doing all that. Anyway I was offered another frame and I need to check the Vin# can anybody run it or does anybody have a clean title frame for sale. Thanks

Just think of how you'd feel if this was YOUR frame from your stolen bike he was selling. You'd want the rat caught too - work with the police and get this guy fined & jailed like he deserves to be!

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt...it's been a long day for him and he just made a typo...

He meant to say "I'd love to spend some time doing all that"

I knew what you meant Destin :beerchug:

Yeah well I provided the guy's name and his telephone #....the police have more than enough resources to do this kind of work....they will get his dumb ass I'm sure of it

Thanks, I wonder if its working correctly...I put in the new vin and it show no theft and then I typed in the stolen vin and it said it wasn't stolen??? I was looking for something to tell me who the Vin currently belongs to and what state its titled in to see if it matches up with the info that was given to me
no you can not obtain that detailed information.. you can probably call your local DMV and they can double check the VIN for you..

I would gladly help LEO get their hands or bullets into a low life like that:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

that is unless you are trying to get a clean title for something you recently picked up :rofl:

Last edited:
I would gladly help LEO get their hands or bullets into a low life like that:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

that is unless you are trying to get a clean title for something you recently picked up :rofl:
WTF is that suppose to mean?? do you think I would call an officer of the law and request a vin if I was trying to do something illegal?? When law enforcement is provided with a Phone #, paypal address, and name then they can take care of it!!! Its out of state anyway and I know how law enforcement works I've got family in the CIA, Bureau of Narcotics,...so i don't wanna hear I'm not supporting my law enforcement...Dont take it as a personal attack I just take offense to people not knowing the whole story and making ridiculous comments

Last edited:
please don't consider it a "waste of time" cops definetley can use some help now and again and i sure would like to see a thief get what he deserves. just my .02.

its not a waste of time I should have not explained it like that. I've already provided them with adequate info and I'm sure they will do what is necessary...anytime an officer enters in a vin and something like this happens he can't just say oops! they have to contact the top dogs and see what needs to be pursued..Don't worry I went to school with this officer friend of mine and he will take care of it, he had a 4wheeler stolen in the neighborhood when we were younger so he is all about getting some thieves:thumbsup:

WTF is that suppose to mean?? do you think I would call an officer of the law and request a vin if I was trying to do something illegal?? When law enforcement is provided with a Phone #, paypal address, and name then they can take care of it!!! Its out of state anyway and I know how law enforcement works I've got family in the CIA, Bureau of Narcotics,...so i don't wanna hear I'm not supporting my law enforcement...Dont take it as a personal attack I just take offense to people not knowing the whole story and making ridiculous comments

:rofl: Sorry... this was intended as purely a joke.... but the joke was received the wrong way.. dam thieves strip them then find a clean title and put the stolen parts on a clean titled one... that was where the joke was intended to go:laugh:

I have a pretty lousy an very scaristic sense of humor that gets me into all kinds of trouble an ass whoopings feel free to begin :spank:<------me

Last edited:
if you can wait till tomorrow morning, i can get the dmv for you if you still needed, pm me in the morning.

:rofl: Sorry... this was intended as purely a joke.... but the joke was received the wrong way.. dam thieves strip them then find a clean title and put the stolen parts on a clean titled one... that was where the joke was intended to go:laugh:

I have a pretty lousy an very scaristic sense of humor that gets me into all kinds of trouble an ass whoopings feel free to begin :spank:<------me

No problem brother :beerchug: Its hard sometime to interpret the way these keyboards type stuff out....your right thieves arent any good!! I still can't figure out why in the hell this guy gave me all his info and then stayed in contact with me for over 2 weeks and provide me with the vin of a stolen bike :rofl: the ballz some of these people got

I apologize if I offended you Destin...just jokin around with my post.

Glad to see that you helped out bro:beerchug:

Back