Any way to check if frame VIN = Motor?

JPunisher

Registered
I would appreciate it if someone could help me answer some VIN questions:

1. Where is the VIN located on the motor?
2. Does the VIN on the motor need to match the frame?
3. Do fairings have VINs?
4. In the case that the motor and frame numbers don't match, how can I tell if a motor belongs to a frame?

Thanks,

JPunisher

steering head / crankcase. just in front of tank under brake lever, just in front of rear shock.

I see the VIN for the frame but can't seem to find the serial for the engine.

So I need to call a suzuki dealership to verify the frame and engine numbers? Is there no online tool for this? I remember there being a website to check the vin but I don't recall seeing anything for the engine.

Thanks,

JPunisher

If the serial number has been removed from the engine case I believe LEO can seize the bike to remove the motor and have it destroyed.

I see the VIN for the frame but can't seem to find the serial for the engine.

So I need to call a suzuki dealership to verify the frame and engine numbers? Is there no online tool for this? I remember there being a website to check the vin but I don't recall seeing anything for the engine.

Thanks,

JPunisher

I'm sorry I was busy and trying to keep it short. The engine serial number is on the crankcase, underneath, just between the rear shock and motor. The numbers will be different, the dealership is probably the only one that can tell you if they left the factory that way.

The frame has a VIN.

The engine also has an ID number.

they will not be the same, but both numbers will be listed on the title (pink slip). There are many online sites to check the VIN, some are free but some cost...like CArfax.

Back