VIN #

whiskerygoofy

Registered
New to board. I notice on the sales board that parties often ask for pics and vin#. The pics I understand. How does the vin# assist you in evaluating a scooter?

If you have access to items such as "CARFAX" (though I can't recall if carfax allows searches on VIN#'s on motorcycles...someone help me out here), you can run the VIN and make sure it wasn't wrecked, stolen or otherwise damaged...

The board asks that a VIN is posted up so thieves can't hop on here and sell their stolen goods...

smile.gif

after a while you'll begin to take notice of the fact that we here at The Org take very good care of one another. If I came upon a stolen Busa for sale here,the local police would be notified in a heart beat. Same with most of the folks here.
We report suspicious Ebay sales,sometimes dirtbags use pictures of our bikes to facilitate their dirty deals and we just don't allow that. Sometimes the guys will exchange emails with said perps in an' effort to shut them down, or just make sure they "Have a Real Bad Day".

welcome aboard. RSD.

those free vin checks.. such as carfax

will tell you if any records exits..

usually if no records for that particular vin number means its a good sign.. the more records the worse..

record will usullaly include.. salvage, flood, auction.. reported stolen.. etc..

for more money around $8 you can get details about each record.

good luck.

Records on CarFax are not usually bad, unless the vehicle (bike) has very low miles. I bought a Pontiac Sunbird, and checked it out, tons of records. Most of them oil changes.
biggrin.gif

Back