Get what you pay for?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I checked out the new -parts and acc.- banner here and ran across the HMF pipes. I noticed the carbon fiber ones are roughly $200 more than the stainless ones. Why is that? Does the carbonfiber pipes out-perform the stainless ones, or could it be based on the material itself since the CF ones may weigh less than the stainless?

Your paying for the look and nothing more, stainless lasts longer. The weight difference is not enough to justify buying a CF just for that purpose...IMO.

BentValve that avatar is awesome!
laugh.gif

whan my 2 bros carbon fiber pipes came in the mail , i thought the box was empty < as a matter of fact i think the bubble wrap weighed more than the pipe! not sure what the stainless pipes weigh but i bet that the two cf pipes vs 1 stainless you are probably looking at a substantial difference ?

Another thing to remember is carbon doesn't absorb or transfer heat like metal does. So it will be less likely to burn a leg or your plastics.

Agreed, to me the fact that I couldnt burn myself on my carbon cans was the biggest advantage particularly when i had highmount exhausts and saddlebags on.

moX

Unless your building a track bike.........CF is not that much lighter than SS........4 the record, I'm getting CF just because I like it more.:D .

Back