Cross training makes better riders

Sweet ride. How do you like the Lefty fork? I have never been convinced about the design since the debut so many years ago about Canny lovers seem to like them. I have a Gary Fisher X-Caliber (XT) as my xcountry bike, a Specialized BigHit w/Boxxer for my downhill rig, and my prize is my Bianchi Team (Record) as my roadie. Cycling can be a very expensive hobby too as you probably know but it is a great way to spend your time for many of the same reasons we love our Busas so much....time out on the road or trail is time well spent no matter what the circumstances.:thumbsup:

Sweet Bike....Makes me want to clean up my old Trek 7000.

I love Cannondale bikes, my road bike is a Cannondale and it is great. Have fun out there.:thumbsup:

Sweet ride. How do you like the Lefty fork? I have never been convinced about the design since the debut so many years ago about Canny lovers seem to like them. I have a Gary Fisher X-Caliber (XT) as my xcountry bike, a Specialized BigHit w/Boxxer for my downhill rig, and my prize is my Bianchi Team (Record) as my roadie. Cycling can be a very expensive hobby too as you probably know but it is a great way to spend your time for many of the same reasons we love our Busas so much....time out on the road or trail is time well spent no matter what the circumstances.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I didn't know what to think about the Lefty fork system.....until I rode it hard down a steep canyon stream bed. I don't know about earlier versions but they say this one is stronger and more responsive than conventional designs. Anyways, yes it's a great fork, and the lockout lever is right next to my left thumb! I find myself locking the fork much more now....and appreciating that feature. As alot of other high line bikes, it's a great bike, and I think it helps me be a better rider.
My street bike is a Motobecane with all the tricks....the amazing thing is how little difference there is in rolling resistance between the two bikes! I think if I put fatboy slicks on the Mtb I could almost keep up with a roadie group.
Doyle

must be worth the ride if its worth that much... i cant imagine what difference it is riding this machine and a 200$ mountain bike... I'm sure the difference is obvious physically, but i just cant seem to picture the experience in riding... would like to test ride one of these some day! nice bike man! If i were you i would invest in a scorpio for this one... maybe 2 scorpios actually :whistle:

I would agree with your premise on physical conditioning which also improves the mental condition :thumbsup:

Nice bike :bowdown:
Plus one to that!............. but being the tight wad I am, I'll stick to my $85 pair of Nike's and a 5 miler every other day around the golf course for physical fitness! :beerchug:

Plus one to that!............. but being the tight wad I am, I'll stick to my $85 pair of Nike's and a 5 miler every other day around the golf course for physical fitness! :beerchug:

You can do that Jimbo, you have a runners body.....I weigh 230 and could only run high mileage IF I lost 30-40 lbs.(which might happen if I keep hammering these bicycles!) Doyle

+1 on the crosstraining. I have a new Gary Fisher :-). For 6500 I think I'd wear myself out on h@@kers instead :laugh:

Nice bike. :bowdown: I used to mountain bike a lot back in 2001 until like 2005. I used to have a Rocky Mountain RM6 2001 model with Marzocchi fork. Now I still have a Trek 5200 carbon fiber road bike. Upgraded lots of parts like Ksyrium wheels, FSA carbon fiber crank, etc. I love to ride but not as much as I used to. I just go to the gym with my wife almost everyday and go to spin class. I strongly believe in staying in shape. It does make you a better rider. On long rides, it's a plus to have a good stamina. I speak from experience.

Gee rusher, I think you should, but I already did that. Raydog

P1020624.JPG

P1020676.JPG

Uh Doyle, I can't believe you spent 6000 dollars on a bicycle. I am ashamed for you that you would buy this bike when the horizontal bar below the seat has obviously been badly bent...u mentioned that you weight 230 lbs...that looks like the amount of damage to that bar was caused by a heavy downward nutter....:laugh: Just messin with ya...hard to believe that all of those tasty little components add up to that price...a woman would look at that and just shrug her shoulders and say whatever....ha ha ...2hip

Uh Doyle, I can't believe you spent 6000 dollars on a bicycle. I am ashamed for you that you would buy this bike when the horizontal bar below the seat has obviously been badly bent...u mentioned that you weight 230 lbs...that looks like the amount of damage to that bar was caused by a heavy downward nutter....:laugh: Just messin with ya...hard to believe that all of those tasty little components add up to that price...a woman would look at that and just shrug her shoulders and say whatever....ha ha ...2hip

You mean my wife? That's exactly what she did. Good call! Doyle

Back