Cross training makes better riders

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well I really went to the max on this new "toy".....A Cannondale "Scalpel Team" cross country mountain bike. I've always believed the harder I work out, the more I enjoy my Busa.
Check this thing out........

carbonfiber levers, bars, seatpost, FRONT FORK (notice it is a single tube, don't even have to take wheel off for flat repair!).
carbonfiber rear swingarm...notice there is no pivot mechanism! The natural flex of the carbon is built into the 4" of rear travel! Notice the tiny brake reservoirs that specify "dot 5.1 only".

If any of you are serious mountain bike riders, you'll appreciate this....my one hour "loop" on my old Specialized mtb is now 35 minutes! partly because the bike only weighs 21.8 lbs and partly because of how fast I can cover rough terrain. Absolutely amazing and so fun.
Doyle

P1020926.JPG

P1020928.JPG

P1020929.JPG

P1020930.JPG

P1020936.JPG

awesome suspension... these look like pazzo levers!!! lol

whats the price tag on this engineless machine???

awesome suspension... these look like pazzo levers!!! lol

whats the price tag on this engineless machine???

Well I feel guilty about the price, given so many are having a hard time these days, but on the other hand, an opportunity came up and I'll never buy a turbo Porsche so what the heck, it's a $6500 bicycle.

had a feeling that thing costs near as much as the Busa... track days should get even easier huh? no wonder you are tracking the Busa still.....

Sure is a pretty piece of machinery... :drool:

I would agree with your premise on physical conditioning which also improves the mental condition :thumbsup:

Nice bike :bowdown:

My GT is way outdated

That's actually a very good point. I had a 12 year old Specialized FSR full suspension and just kept riding it, not realizing how bicycles have improved over the last decade! Now it's not "I better do a ride today", it's "I already rode this morning, should I go out again this evening?"
AND it's important to note, you don't have to go buy a professional bike like I did to get this result, but you do have to spend a grand or more for performance that will last. The bike shop mechanic grinned when I told him to please put the FRONT BRAKE LEVER ON THE RIGHT HANDLEBAR. He said a lot of other crossover motorcyclists ask for that mod. Raydog

Hmm.... BST's and Ohlins front susp or a mountain bike. Which would actually make you faster on the Busa. Now that is a question worth pondering.

Very cool bike BTW. Perhaps someday we'll be riding motorcycles without conventional springs like your bike.

Front brake lever on the right makes sooo much sense!
Great looking/performing bike!
Where's the carbon fiber kickstand?:laugh:

Awesome. My Specialized FSR is getting old. And if you didn't have hydraulics before, ain't they great? :beerchug:

:super: WOW! That's a ridiculously nice mountain bike. I was not even aware that Cannondale made a single sided front hub :thumbsup:

Now you need to take a trip to mountain biking heaven Doyle....MOAB! It's the Deals Gap of MTB'ing.

Rim Tours - Mountain Biking in Moab and Beyond

Moab Mountain Biking Trails - Moab mountain bike trail information and maps.

That's funny you mention Moab Brian, my wife actually wants to retire in that area! I've done some unreal dual sport rides in slick rock back country (on my KLR) including a 140 mile loop into Canyonlands, OMG, it's like being on another planet! If I do relocate there someday, I must have a CJ-5 with 40 gal tank, the KLR and mountainbike! I remember riding 20 miles on a granite cliff road 600 ft above a river.....anyways, it is mountainbike heaven as well. Doyle

ps I just read the links you supplied, thank you! I gotta do that 9-12000 ft 5-day San Juan mtn tour!

Last edited:
Back