GenII Fender Removal

Runinwithscisrs

Registered
Not sure if this topic has come up before but I couldnt find anything on it. I met another busa rider the other day and he was telling me how on his 08 he took the rear fender off. He then use the rear side reflector L-brackets to make his own fender eliminator by using the same screws and holes from the fender along with the plate mounting bracket.

My question is, has anyone done this before and how well does it work? ???

Unfortunatly he was just telling me about it and I have not seen it on the bike.

All you do is use the L brackets and put them where the stock fender screws into the bike. Then use the holes that the reflectors were in, for the license plate. You'll have to either cut the license plate light wire or remount it somewhere.

i used the one blanca has, free and easy:thumbsup:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...t-fender-eliminator-tag-bracket-tutorial.html

1.jpg

2.jpg

Not sure if this topic has come up before but I couldnt find anything on it. I met another busa rider the other day and he was telling me how on his 08 he took the rear fender off. He then use the rear side reflector L-brackets to make his own fender eliminator by using the same screws and holes from the fender along with the plate mounting bracket.

My question is, has anyone done this before and how well does it work? ???

Unfortunatly he was just telling me about it and I have not seen it on the bike.

Topic has been covered to no end, Blanca did a write up on it and also provided a link to the AM LED tag light he used.
Cheap fender eliminator was the name of the post if memory serves correct.
Good luck in your quest.

I have opted for the more expensive professional/clean application and used a Competition Werks FE kit.

IMG_0788.jpg

Yeah...I bought one from e.bay too...there's quite a few out there these days.

The most important thing is to get rid of that fender...quite possibly the ugliest thing ever designed by anyone anywhere!

i removed my rear fender and used all of the original hardware like you buddy said and it holds up well. it looks a little bit cheesy because you can see the 2 large posts that hold the tag from the side but i rocked it for 2yrs. i just recently picked up a $20 tag bracket from ball z motorsports and it looks much cleaner. this is all i have- 1st pic. you can just make out the reflector stem holding the tag and 2nd pic. is the ball z motosports tag. hope that helps.

20090818_13.jpg

20110216_01.jpg

Back