Simple Plate Bracket for 08 Busa

YaBusa

Registered
Check this out. When or if you decide to remove your rear reflecters (the red circle ones) keep those brackets and use them to mount your plate after removing the big ugly fender. Use those same bolts that held the rear fender in place to mount your new plate brackets. The plate will have a slite bend in it but i don't think it looks to shaby! Check it out!

plat_mod1.jpg

Looks good and bends to the contour of the bike, but I mayt go with a side mount plate holder, not sure yet.
thumb_up.gif

I'm working on an idea that incorporates the tag light but tucks it up underneath the fender so it's not visible. I'll share it with everyone when it's done"¦

Thanks for posting.

I saved everything I pulled off.

If nothing else it gets a tag back on the bike at least for now.

Thanks again

For the question about the tag light wire. I disconnected it under the tail section a pulled it out. I had to lift the tail section up to cut one tie wrap.

You can fit an LED facing down on it or use tag bolts that have lights in them.

domed_head.jpg

Nice, Professor... I was about to post the same.

I guess I have it easier with regard to LEO objections to no plate light... never had one on any of my bikes (that had there fender modded).

Did a quick-n-dirty rear plate bracket myself last night.... it's cheese, but allows me to ride to work until I can do it proper. I'll post up the cheese pics when I get home tonight.

Did the same thing and bought a license plate frame with white LED built in and hooked up to the existing wires.

Back