GenII fairing removal...Youtube video..

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Since I seem to be getting good at it I figured I would do a video of it later tonight if poss and put it up for folks to see.
Right side is approx 7mins.
Left side is a little longer cuz its tighter.

Since I have moved my regulator and removed my belly pan I wont be able to show that.
I dont remember if you have to take that off to do fairings or not ?
I dont think so ?
Anyone for sure on that ?

Just curious if there is anything anyone would like me to highlight or include in the video tutorial ?
Anyone interested in having me do this ?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! While I'm no mechanic, I have general knowledge, however, I cannot for the life of me get my fairings off of my K9! I can't even locate all the fasteners. haha. So, yes, I will give you 1,000,000 views on YouTube my friend.:cheerleader:

The PP show is a bit confusing as it refers to a 10mm bolt I have yet to have to take off.
Again that may be something related to belly pan I ma forgetting.

But one key thing it makes no mention of is top push plug which must be lifted out before you can pull out.
if not you will break something.

Since I seem to be getting good at it I figured I would do a video of it later tonight if poss and put it up for folks to see.
Right side is approx 7mins.
Left side is a little longer cuz its tighter.

Since I have moved my regulator and removed my belly pan I wont be able to show that.
I dont remember if you have to take that off to do fairings or not ?
I dont think so ?
Anyone for sure on that ?

Just curious if there is anything anyone would like me to highlight or include in the video tutorial ?
Anyone interested in having me do this ?

The belly pan snaps to the right side fairing, I've had it come off as one piece with the fairing and another time as soon as the clips and lower fairing bolt was removed it come off. Hope this helps with the video :thumbsup:

Its been a month or so since I took off my belly pan permanently.
As I remember it is held by the lower fairing screw next to brake pedal as well
as two push pins in regulator bracket.

But I dont think you had to remove it to take fairings off for say something like an oil change or coolant flush ?

I have attempted to remove the right fairing just before winter by following the 'powerpoint show' but there was something still holding the fairing after removing all the pins/screws. Maybe I was just afraid to pull hard for fear of breaking the fairing. I'd like very much to see this in video.

That will be greatly appreciated Blanca:thumbsup: I'm attempting to remove the fairings again to change the oil and air filters. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Its been a month or so since I took off my belly pan permanently.
As I remember it is held by the lower fairing screw next to brake pedal as well
as two push pins in regulator bracket.

But I dont think you had to remove it to take fairings off for say something like an oil change or coolant flush ?

You are correct. That one Screw also is same screw that holds that side panel on...

Manual says belly pan comes off too. Think you could probably get buy without removing as long as you separate those pieces by that screw as they snap together...

Yes I remember it now.
I'm gonna do a video of taking off right side and left side.
Then another one of putting them back on....I'll try not to curse when I put the inner panels back in.
This is what no matter what is a PITA !

The belly pan doesn't have to be remove to do just about any normal maintenance. Pull the bolt out and seperate it from the fairing and that's all that needs to happen. If you gonna be rolling the bike around its a good idea to pull it or put the screw back in it so it doesn't drag the ground.

I think that 10mm bolt is nonexistant or something I've never seen one on the fairings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok I'm ready to start filming.
I was waiting for my lovely asst to show up !

jackie-guerrido-040106051.jpg

:laugh:

Be done in a couple hrs........and then I'll do the fairing video.....:rofl:

wtf??!! THAT'S where my girlfriend is... and to think, she told me she was studying!! Oh well, she likes doing the video thing. haha

Videos are done.

Fairings off is 15:00 mins with instructions.
fairings on is 28:00 cuz I showed a little more and am talking.

They are loading on youtube now.

The first one is loading with 2nd cued.
For the 1st 15min video it says 11 hours remaining to finish loading ?
Is that right ?

TruWrecks I took numerous still photos as well to show certain things .
Once the videos are done loading I'll post each one here separately .
One thread for removal and one for installation both will have all the pics as well.

I'll gladly give anyone the links but like I said the first one is loading with ten hrs to go and second is cued ?
At this rate it will be same time as now tomorrow before they are done ?

I shot each one with a Sony handicam .
First one is .98Gb in size
second is 1.8Gb in size

Guess it's gonna be a while ?

Get some popcorn from Takeuon and relax...

Does a 1 gigabyte movie usually take that long on YouTube to load ?

TruWrecks I took numerous still photos as well to show certain things .
Once the videos are done loading I'll post each one here separately .
One thread for removal and one for installation both will have all the pics as well.

I'll gladly give anyone the links but like I said the first one is loading with ten hrs to go and second is cued ?
At this rate it will be same time as now tomorrow before they are done ?

I shot each one with a Sony handicam .
First one is .98Gb in size
second is 1.8Gb in size

Guess it's gonna be a while ?

Get some popcorn from Takeuon and relax...

Does a 1 gigabyte movie usually take that long on YouTube to load ?

No hurry bro...we'll be here when they're ready. The maximum length you can load is a 10:00 minute video correct? So if you have a video that exceeds that...does YouTube automatically break up into other links for you?
10hrs sounds excessive especially if it's not HD :dunno:

Back