I just discovered an easy way to remove a very difficult pushpin

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Dont know why I never noticed it before.
FROM ABOVE...DUH....
As many times as I have washed the bike this was first time I realized that the most difficult to remove pushpin when taking right side fairing off is one located up and behind lower nose trim piece.
I have been reaching around and up in there when all along it was right there as easy as can be from above !
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So this I share and will and post in Fairing Tutorials pinned in GenII section as well.

This is old way I was doing it and showed before in GenII Fairing removal tutorials
FAIRINGTUTORIAL009.jpg

I was sitting down facing bike reaching up an in .
FAIRINGTUTORIAL008.jpg

Dont do it that way. Do it this way.

FAIRING PIN 004.jpg

FAIRING PIN 005.jpg

FAIRING PIN 003.jpg

Nice! I forgot the last time I had to remove the fairing if I encountered this, but it's nice to see it so I'll be prepared for the weekend.....I have a marathon of installs to do.

Thanks!

I must be missing something here.............but I have had my right fairing off 3 times now and haven't had to remove that push pin to accomplish the task!?

I must be missing something here.............but I have had my right fairing off 3 times now and haven't had to remove that push pin to accomplish the task!?

That pin holds on the inner fairing trim piece.
Technically you do not have to remove pin or inner panel to take of fairing but it makes it alot easier..
If you do not remove pin and leave panel on it will hang from plastic rod you see and poss break.
Maybe your pin is gone ?

Yep, I just figured this out when I replaced my brake lines with braided hose but forgot to tell everyone.

Good job on posting up :beerchug::thumbsup:

Whilst on the subject of those little push pins, I found my little flat blade screwdriver awkward to move around & it was marking (indenting) the push pin. My solution was to cut a 3 to 4 inch piece off the blunt end of a wooden BBQ skewer. It works really well.

Nice :thumbsup: Ill have to remember that.. I just took my right side off this morning like 2 hours before you posted this :banghead:

Taking just the side off I leave the inner plastics on. 20 minutes top on just the side removal... I do remember when I put the full exhaust on, how a pain that one was. Thanks for the heads up..:thumbsup:

Thanks Blanca, I found all your vids very helpfull. Did this almost a year ago, and have already forgotton the details. Great to have the pictures as backup.

By the way, not serious, but I'm anal when it comes to my Busa. In your main pics you have pins 15 & 9, where pins 3 & 4 should be going and the other way around.

Thanks Blanca, I found all your vids very helpfull. Did this almost a year ago, and have already forgotton the details. Great to have the pictures as backup.

By the way, not serious, but I'm anal when it comes to my Busa. In your main pics you have pins 15 & 9, where pins 3 & 4 should be going and the other way around.

I'm left handed , sorry..
:laugh:

Back