Fearing fairings.

No.2of20

Registered
Hi again guys.
Hope you are all well.

I have taken the fairings off my 2019 for the first time to fit some sliders and as you would know it sure is a fun job.

I did it in in the order of left side first bolts,belly pan clips and removed left inside plastic inner shield (right hand side of radiator looking at the front of radiator/front wheel) then the right hand side fairing,belly pan and the rest of the radiator surround plastic.
Do I need to put it back the same way?
So it would be right side on,right side inner plastics,belly pan,left side on,left side inner plastics.
It would be great to do the fairings first and put back all the inner radiator plastics
after but hmmm not sure it would work?
Just looking for the easy way if there is one.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Just looking for the easy way if there is one.
Nope. Just take your time. It helps to locate the 'pop-in' points on the side panels - maybe a piece of tape on the outside so you know where to apply force to get 'em to pop into place.

IME it takes about 3 times removing/installing fairings before you find the rhythm, but that's just me. Best to follow others' advice as I'm the impatient type and my '14's plastics have the scars to prove it.;)

Cheers guys.
Will just try to go in the order I took them off in then just to be safe.
On a side note I am having the right hand fairing and nose cone replaced as I had a little fall over with the bike a while back.
Note these took 16 weeks to get here to South Australia.
So I will be putting fairings back on taking it to the bike crash repair guy and he will be taking them off again.
I might beg him to let me do it.
Being an insurance thing it might not happen this way.
As I have the fairings off this is why I have been asking coolant and oil change questions.
Now the budget is only stretching to register the bike to get it on the road down to the crash repair guy.
Cheers,
Shane.

Back