Regulator relocator bracket....opinions or pics

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I see the regulator relocator bracket for sale for approx $20. It seems like an easy mod to do. Has anyone done this to their 08-09 Busa ? Does moving it under the right side plastic create any problems ? Did you leave the lower fairing/Belly pan on or off ? Do you have any pics ? I would like to see how clean the bike looks with all associated with regulator removed/relocated .

Last edited:
Is that were it goes right side. ???

I see the regulator relocator bracket for sale for approx $20. It seems like an easy mod to do. Has anyone done this to their 08-09 Busa ? Does moving it under the right side plastic create any problems ? Did you leave the lower fairing/Belly pan on or off ? Do you have any pics ? I would like to see how clean the bike looks with all associated with regulator removed/relocated .

Yes bracket relocates it to right side under plastic. All the wires simply stay attached and follow regulator to new location. You then can remove the chrome tube bracket that holds it on underneath the bike as well as belly pan I guess.
In my mind it seems like it would make underside of bike more cleaner looking but I am curious how hot does that thing get ? Is it gonna melt the plastic tailpiece covering it ?

Who has done this and has pics ?
How well did it work out ?

check out the link, it shows unit relocated but does not show finished bikes new clean underside ?

08-09 Hayabusa Rectifier/Regulator Relocation Bracket!!:eBay Motors (item 380166603733 end time Jan-07-10 14:42:28 PST)

PM WarbirdII...he made his own bracket. On the Gen1, it is located on the left side under the tail section. Heat is not a problem with the plastics.
Posted via Mobile Device

im not sure why suzuki moved it, but the gen 1's had charging issues and melted wires and connectors under the tank and back at the rectifier so i'm leaving mine where it is :)

I have a friend who moved his with no issues of melting and to him a cleaner look ( his is on the right side). I prefer to keep mine out where it can stay cooler and I don't mind the lower plastic piece staying there. The unit has a heat sink on it for a reason...jmo.

Don't have a good pictue of that area... best I can get.

0420091416b.jpg

0429090009.jpg

Yeah thats it. Dozerdriver your second pic does show a cleaner look I think. Trim those two hoses a bit.
If you have some better pics try to post them but I think thats what um a gonna do !

Was it a simple relocate ?
By the way great organization on your lift there, 50,000 things and one cup of gourmet coffee !:poke:

Yeah thats it. Dozerdriver your second pic does show a cleaner look I think. Trim those two hoses a bit.
If you have some better pics try to post them but I think thats what um a gonna do !

Was it a simple relocate ?
By the way great organization on your lift there, 50,000 things and one cup of gourmet coffee !:poke:

That is my friends bike...and his messy lift. :laugh:

MY BRAIN NEEDS PICS...MENTAL IMAGES TO DREAM ABOUT:whistle: PA PA PA PALEASE !

Seems like with it gone and belly pan left off the only thing you may see is bottom of shock ?

Bracket purchased. Hey for thirty bucks its worth seeing if I like it or not.
Keep an eye out for the thread regarding install and before and after pics.
Seems like I will be only one to do a good documentation on this one single mod.
Thanks again all for the comments and help.

Merry Christmas to you and yours :welcome:

Just a comment...I have an 08 Busa and have all plastic off now gettin ready for paint...In Dozer's pic with rectifer moved under the plastic...on my bike this is located where the vacumn for the gas tank is...Dozer where did you move your vacumn canister? 2hip

Had mine moved for some time with no problems...much cleaner look without the pan and bracket on the bottom. I do put them both back on when on the track to keep the air a little cleaner around the tire~!~

Back