Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

I'm attempting to do this after I get off work tonight.
Thank you very much for this tutorial.
This should greatly reduce the amount of cursing coming from my garage this evening.

Fairing went off perfectly.
Awesome tutorial man.

Just a note: When you are underneath the bike seperating the lower portion where the two fairings join, there are two 'buttons' on either side of the first pushpin. You have to press those in to seperate them from one another. There are holes in the fairing that those buttons go through. I got stuck on that part for about 10 minutes trying to seperate the two.

If you look at the picture for the fairing clip #1 you can see them on either side.
Once you seperate the back part, push those in and pull the fairing around them to seperate them entirely.

Thanks a ton for the tutorial.
Gave me a lot more confidence to pull it.
I was still nervous as hell though.

Last edited:
real nice and helpful, can I ask for the belly pan removal and install. I just ordered a new one my bike was used and lowered and did not have one on it

real nice and helpful, can I ask for the belly pan removal and install. I just ordered a new one my bike was used and lowered and did not have one on it

If its lowered and if you install belly pan back on it may hit the road or get torn up. If you ordered the pan make sure to order the bracket that holds it on as well. Real simple to install. Only 2-3 bolts holding pan to bracket and 2-3 bolts holding bracket to bike. Very easy.
Read this thread. It will give you some pics and help.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...rectifier-regulator-relocate-project-how.html

Blanca Busa,
Thanks for the information. It is greatly appreciated because I need to install T-Rex no-cut frame sliders. The bike is new to me and I've never attempted to remove the body work. Is the installation of the no-cut sliders a task I should get a pro to do that could do the removal and installation of the body work in their sleep?
Regards,
RATMAN1550

Blanca Busa,
Thanks for the information. It is greatly appreciated because I need to install T-Rex no-cut frame sliders. The bike is new to me and I've never attempted to remove the body work. Is the installation of the no-cut sliders a task I should get a pro to do that could do the removal and installation of the body work in their sleep?
Regards,
RATMAN1550

No not at all. The videos I did along with pics will help even the most timid take off the body work . Just take your time, go easy and don't force anything you'll get it easy .
As far as the no cut sliders same thing . I don't have any but there are many here who do and they've told me it's easy to do those as well .
Hemi and Kromdom are two who have them .
I'm certain they will help if you need it .
Send them a pm and ask any questions you may have .
They will answer .
Start a thread titled 'need help installing no cut sliders' .
I bet in short order many will come to your rescue .
Save your money on the 'pro' .
Do it yourself and become one .
You'll feel much better :thumbsup:

Thanks Blanca. Installed a new exhaust on my 11 this past weekend partly due to your help with the body removal vids. Excellent tutorial. :thumbsup:

I have followed all the instructions on how to remove it but there is one part that i am having great trouble with.
It is the final seperation of the two panels, that 400mm strip where the side cover fits into the top nose cowling.

Everything else comes apart nicely, just this part is holding on tight.
What is the tip to seperate these two panels?

It is on a 2010 model bike, not sure if it is any different from the others, wouldn't think so.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I have followed all the instructions on how to remove it but there is one part that i am having great trouble with.
It is the final seperation of the two panels, that 400mm strip where the side cover fits into the top nose cowling.

Everything else comes apart nicely, just this part is holding on tight.
What is the tip to seperate these two panels?

It is on a 2010 model bike, not sure if it is any different from the others, wouldn't think so.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I think you are talking about the pin at the top of the side cowling, correct? (if not, post pic) That's the nasty one, as the pin doesn't pop OUT like the other side pins, but is turned 90 degrees and you have to pop UP to release it (all GEN II's). I actually broke one of mine before I figured it out and had to glue it back on....the service manual isn't that clear about it. PM Blanca and he'll help clear you up on that one. The first time is a Bioch, but after that it gets easier.

Last edited:
Skydivr I think he's talking about how the fairing 'clips' to the nose along the horizontal connection point right under the blinker pods.
The fairing slides up into the nose piece remember ?

To remove the side fairing the first few times till things loosen up a bit you may need to reach around up and into the fairing right under headlight next to forks.
Feel around up in there and you will feel tabs that need to be unhooked.
These are on the back side of fairing and inside of nose.
Especially on the left side /shifter side that panel sticks good.
You just have to fiddle with it a bit in one hand while with the other you are reaching up in there. Kinda like un-hooking your girlfriends bra , you have to give it a flip with your fingers. :laugh:

Let us know if that helps

Excellent, Reached up and in there and off it came.
Only took a few minutes and the faring was off.
Greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Hello, your video is awesome. I was wondering if you had any advice on how to remove the front nose housing where the headlight is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Thanks a ton blanca!
Jumped in with both feet hoping ur tutorial was spot on, and it was!
Saved me a ton of frustration and time, excellent write up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back