Gen3 vs. deer.

Went to Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia last year and fell in love with all the areas around the Smokey mountains. If I could find a job like I have down here, I could see myself moving up there.

Jobs are everywhere now.
If you have no ties...better riding awaits
lol

Jobs are everywhere now.
If you have no ties...better riding awaits

At least pre-COVID, 7/10 new jobs were in Dallas & Atlanta. That tells you about the demand and how many people move and find success. Unfortunately in such popular areas the population and traffic build to stifling levels and it can be hard to remain on the "outskirts" as the area grows.

At least pre-COVID, 7/10 new jobs were in Dallas & Atlanta. That tells you about the demand and how many people move and find success. Unfortunately in such popular areas the population and traffic build to stifling levels and it can be hard to remain on the "outskirts" as the area grows.

I live in the country, 30-40 miles to any of 3 small cities.
Several small towns.
No traffic or crowds.
I think @mabupa is a Power Plant operator or Maintenance?
But I know he has a mechanical background of some sort.
There are alot of high paying jobs with low cost of living in this region.

I live in the country, 30-40 miles to any of 3 small cities.
Several small towns.
No traffic or crowds.
I think @mabupa is a Power Plant operator or Maintenance?
But I know he has a mechanical background of some sort.
There are alot of high paying jobs with low cost of living in this region.
You are close. Is a “concentrates facility” as upper management likes us to refer to it. I get involved in the ops side and also maintenance side, but I’m no longer the guy tuning the valves or wrenches. 14 years this summer for me. I like it here, but starting to get bored and that vacation trip to the mountains I made last year got my wheels spinning. Hardest part of relocating would be leaving mother, brother, sister and nephews amd nieces behind. I guess that would give me an excuse to make some road trips on the busa down here to visit them. Lol

I left St. Pete 30 years ago. Quit riding down there after two collisions with cars. Moved an hour north of Atlanta, to motorcycle heaven! Been riding since. Now when I vacation in Florida, I just look around and say" It's just so damn flat!" :-)
When I was station at McDill AFB 82-86 I had a GS550 and would haul the mail on Gandy bridge. Then I put a 302 in a Pinto and drive through Burger King parking lot on the Tampa side, rev the motor and all the ricky racers tried to keep up going to St Pete LOL !. I wonder if the ABC Lounge is still there ?

When I was station at McDill AFB 82-86 I had a GS550 and would haul the mail on Gandy bridge. Then I put a 302 in a Pinto and drive through Burger King parking lot on the Tampa side, rev the motor and all the ricky racers tried to keep up going to St Pete LOL !. I wonder if the ABC Lounge is still there ?
Google maps says it is! That was a narrow bridge back then, and not real smooth. We'd close the bars in St.Pete (2am), then ride flat out across Gandy, to close the bars there, at 3 am. I rode a Honda 750 then, good times! I'll bet that Pinto hauled ass!

Back