gen1 vs gen2 transmissions

texomawaves

Registered
Newbie here, first post. I'm doing my homework before I make my first busa purchase. Are the transmission issues (worn out gear dogs) more prevalent in the gen1 or gen2 bikes, or about the same? Thanks!

thanks for the info guys, BUT I've given up on trying to buy a used bike. Too many abused/modified bikes... asking for top dollar. I've concluded only a sucker would buy used Hayabusa. I'd rather spend a little more and know what I'm getting.

Look around a bit. You can buy a 2012 -2013 bike with less that 3500 miles if you look and are a little patient. You avoid all the stealership crap like that. Good luck on your hunt.

Nothing wrong with buying a used bike, the key is knowing what you are looking at. Welcome to the board. :welcome:

Yea I bought mine used and on the cheap side. I have put 20,000 miles on it since then with no problems. Just have to know what your looking at.

If your the type of person who changes bikes like underwear :laugh: then it doesn't make a lot of sense 2 buy a brand new bike.... If all your gonna do is rack up some miles & then trade it in on something else. Buy used low mileage for thousands of dollars cheaper. U can use that money saved 2 buy accessories or put towards the next bike your gonna want 2 trade in 4. If your not familiar on what 2 look 4 or troubling signs bring a friend along who does or request that the mechanic you usually go 2 give it a thorough once over prior 2 purchasing.

FYI new doesn't always mean trouble free.... plenty of bikes have had recalls or issues and depending on the fine print in your so-called warranty it may or may not cover it. not to mention even if it is covered but your bike is sitting in a shop 4 months on end during the prime of riding season :whistle:

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I pulled the trigger and bought a 2014 gray/black. Never been so excited in my F-ing life! Well, maybe since my divorce 10 yrs ago :) My whole garage has that new car smell, mmmmm :)

Back