GEN2 trans on GEN1 outputshaft

max_turbin

Registered
Hi Horspower Freaks,

have anybody tried to run the GEN2
transmission on a GEN1 output shaft,
i thought the GEN2 have more dogs so
with a high hp bike it could be a advantage.

Thanks for your comments.

MAX

Why not run the entire Gen II transmission? It has a stronger output shaft

That will not work, without an offset sprocket It's not
possible to reach the Gen1 chainline

For sure use a billet Gen 1 outputshaft
stock Gen1 look's to weak

Max

Use the complete gen2 trans. Also must use gen2 sprocket cover as well as shift shaft cover
Then using 4 washers as spacers use on each motor bolt on left side motor to shim the engine over.

It will not fit, different bearings, it is totally different.
Gen 2 sprocket cover does not fit either!

What different bearing that is wrong, for sure if i take the whole
GEN 2 tranny with sprocket cover and GEN 2 shift shaft cover
i'm fine with a negativ offset sprocket or motor 8 mm to the right.

But i'm looking for a solution with a GEN 1 outputshaft,
sprocket closer too the bearing and right chainline for
a GEN 1 bike.

Hope there is a cooler idea.

Max

So i get a solution,

GEN 2 tranny with a modi GEN 1 billet output-shaft,
was a long way but at the end......:laugh:

2 special hard rings, little laser welding, reposition of one hole and it works

P1010677.jpg

Seems a lot of work for little gain. Do Gen I turbo motors blow up the tranny occasionally? Is the gearing different? I have a Gen II motor and trans with a better stronger output shaft to accomodate a 330 tire,and use of Gen I forks,and race cut gears.
Rubb.

Seems a lot of work for little gain. Do Gen I turbo motors blow up the tranny occasionally? Is the gearing different? I have a Gen II motor and trans with a better stronger output shaft to accomodate a 330 tire,and use of Gen I forks,and race cut gears.
Rubb.
Hi. I am running a Gen 1 trans with all Robinson bilet gears, low first gear overdrive 5th and 6th gears with all gears micro polished and his HD out put shaft with his outside output shaft support. I an using Ti bolts on the support plate. I also have light weight bolts on the front sprocket and a custom Ti clutch pusher.

Hi. I am running a Gen 1 trans with all Robinson bilet gears, low first gear overdrive 5th and 6th gears with all gears micro polished and his HD out put shaft with his outside output shaft support. I an using Ti bolts on the support plate. I also have light weight bolts on the front sprocket and a custom Ti clutch pusher.
Sounds dope Michael.:bowdown: Bullet proof.
Rubb.

Back