Marchesini Wheels for GEN1 Compatible with GEN2 ?

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
02-139.jpg

* 2 days ago , i saw a new set of Marchesini Wheels for GEN1 , i already have them on my 2006 Busa , but the price was very good so i took them too . My question is can i use them on GEN2 (2 or 3 months later i will get a GENII) , where can i use them except GEN1 (GSXR1000 K5 K6 or K7 K8 or ...) , thank you :)

I think the spacing and rotors are different from Gen I to Gen II and its for this reason you can't interchange them... I could be wrong, but thats what comes to mind! Good looking wheels however.

thanks for the feedbacks , so i can only use them with GEN1 ???

thanks for the feedbacks , so i can only use them with GEN1 ???

thats correct. the rotor patterns for front and rear GEN2 are different from the GEN1. in order for them to work you have to swap the rear brake, swingarm to include rear brake hanger and the front brake system from GEN1 to Gen2 in order to get the wheels to have the proper spacing.

Last edited:
if you can put 07gsxr 1000 wheels on a gen1 or on a gen2 so it must be possible

you will need to space the rotors out 2mm each side I believe
and you would need 5mm spacers under the calipers to use the gen1 320mm rotor

if you can put 07gsxr 1000 wheels on a gen1 or on a gen2 so it must be possible

you will need to space the rotors out 2mm each side I believe
and you would need 5mm spacers under the calipers to use the gen1 320mm rotor

you will definitley need the spacers. without them its not gonna happen unless you do like i previously mentioned.

(i had Marchesini Wheels on my GSXR1000 K8 also , the dealer here told me that i can directly use them with GEN2)

anyone did this spacers job and using GEN1 on GEN2 ?

thank you :)

Back