Gen III fitment probs

2K-Otic

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm putting a used Brocks genIII street smart system on my 06 busa. It is not fitting very well. I thought I might have a problem with the oil cooler lines, but I have plenty of clearance there. My problem is that the mid pipe will not rotate far enough up to clear the belly pan/wing. The carbon fiber can does not fit the pipe very tight. The whole system just seems loose. I have the hanger tightened all the way down, but you can still grab the can at the end and the whole can/mid-pipe will wobble around. The whole system appears to be in very good shape for a used system. Has anybody else had this problem or am I just lucky like that? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mine came ceramic coated and the coated did not tape the joints or inside, so I had to sand the joints just to get mine together. I guess mine was the opposite of your. You might loosen the head bolts at the block to allow those to rotate some.

same here with my gen2 system, you can move the muffler around but it doesn`t leak with the ultra red they tell you to use on all pipes. i had to play around with the mid-pipe to get it so it wouldn`t hit anything...still is real close though. mine has been on for about 1500 miles and haven`t had any problems so i guess thats just how it is supposed to be??? sounds good!!
thumb_up.gif

Mine has the same problem. It's crazy because my regular Hindle fit just fine.
Have you been able to figure anything out on how to tighten things up? I got so disgusted with it today I had to walk away to assess the situation for a few days. I'll think about it for a couple of days and then try to get down to fixing it. Let me know if you have any ideas.

same here with my gen2 system, you can move the muffler around but it doesn`t leak with the ultra red they tell you to use on all pipes. i had to play around with the mid-pipe to get it so it wouldn`t hit anything...still is real close though. mine has been on for about 1500 miles and haven`t had any problems so i guess thats just how it is supposed to be??? sounds good!!
thumb_up.gif
Yea, I put some ultra copper on the header spiggots like their instructions state. I was thinking of trying it on all the joints. So you haven't had any problems with it vibrating/moving while in use? I'm afraid if it gets bumped by my passenger the can may end up getting too close to my swingarm.

Back