Brocks airbox mod WARNING!!!

busabrent

Registered
Brocks says you can only do the airbox mod if you use his GenIII exhaust system.

As long as you dyno and install a custom MAP cant you do this airbox mod and run a Yosh TRS exhaust???

I would like to do the mod just so I dont have to hear that fluttering from the flapper when it open up at around 3K rpm.

let me know if you did airbox mod with a pipe other than Brocks.

i have a yosh pipe and the small box mod,it will work with any pipe,as long as the map is right,you will loose some bottom end below 4k,and gain some above 6k,as a temp a tre has given me good throttle response,looking at the tip of the exhaust it is light tan so it must be pretty close,but a propper map is in order to loose the tre

did you email brock and he replied with that?

if he did he probably doesn't want people using his box mod without buying something from him.

rock.gif
.... I hope there is nothing like that while implementing the pair valve mod
smile.gif

Brocks says you can only do the airbox mod if you use his GenIII exhaust system.

As long as you dyno and install a custom MAP cant you do this airbox mod and run a Yosh TRS exhaust???

I would like to do the mod just so I dont have to hear that fluttering from the flapper when it open up at around 3K rpm.

let me know if you did airbox mod with a pipe other than Brocks.
done it with just about every pipe out there you need a good tuner and no problem

Did'nt mean to scare anyone. Brocks site states this warning when you click on his install instructions for the airbox mod.

I figured it should be okay to do if properly tuned accordingly.

Thanks again Johnnycheese for the info and the USB I bought from you recently.

Guess i'll get out the dremel and cut away.

Ok Guys
Here is a problem we see all of the time……Because of internet forums (and usually due to lack of performance-based motorcycle experience)….some guys believe that you can perform the small box mod and POOF- your bike goes faster and runs better…..?!

If they take the time to ask… we tell them: by performing this mod, their bike will- SLOWER and drive MUCH WORSE on the street……UNLESS the bike is remapped by someone who knows what they are doing ($$$, and hassle) OR they purchase one of our exhaust packages which come WITH the correct mapping for use with the box mod (FREE and easy, with system purchase).

The next point we make is that we use OVERSIZE tubing diameters and tapers in our StreetSmart systems. This is because our testing shows that the air box mod doesn’t do much or anything at all with small tube exhaust systems, slip-ons etc.…..so guys with these systems are basically wasting their time AND making their bike run worse if they do it on their own.

Of course we are in the business of selling parts- BUT we are also a trusted source of information in the industry……50% of our tech responses involve OTHER manufacturer’s products!

If a person has limited experience and/or ability to map their bike…we TRULY BELIVE the purchase of our COMBINATION is the best way to go.

If they have experience and want the fastest bike possible with minimal effort and expense….we also believe we are the way to go!!!

I hope this helps clear things up a bit from our end.

Brock
www.brocksperformance.com

Thanks for the information on this mod Brock. I did the airbox mod and used your pair block off kit(very clean application). I figured this would be okay as long as its mapped properly.

I will be visiting Jeff Bloor at CycleMax soon to have him tune the bike.

Just wondering how much larger the header tubes are on your systems because of clearences as opposed to other systems like the Yosh TRS race duplex or the Arata which is supposed to make great power? The tubes are larger than the stock pipe by far and smoother bends.

Thanks again for your post. It's is always nice to see posts from someone with the knowledge and backround that you can assure knows what they are talking about.

Back