Gen II Russell Day Long Seat?

I didn't find the Kontour any more comfortable than the stock gen2 Busa seat...but it's worth it's weight in gold for staying cool!
100 degree days with 100% humidity, and the Kontour seat is still cool.
You can really tell how cool it is, and feel the air blowing through it, so great it's awful in the winter!
I put a Kontour on my B-King too. Same effect, stayed cool all the time. The air flow wasn't as noticeable just because of the shape of the seat itself(which is identical to stock, only the cover is changed).
I'll be doing my next bike with one also. Never again will I ride in the summer or any warm days without a Kontour seat on any bike I own!
One of the best motorcycle inventions ever!

The stock cover is removed(obviously), a foil backed paper is then used to cover the foam.
It is literally silver foil on one side, and has a white paper like backing, it also does not tear.
Then the black cover you see. The black material is just like the mesh on breathable office chairs, only it seems to be more plastic than clothe. As in the black mesh doesn't absord water.
The foil cover is also water proof. So any water just runs through the seat.
I sent my Busa seat to be recovered. When I got it back, it was just a covered stock seat.
At that time I thought the guy was going to make some alterations to the foam, which he didn't.
When I asked him I also explained that I do seats.
He was really cool about it. He said, "How about I just send you enough material to cover 2 seats instead?"
Done! I recovered my B-King seat. It was as easy as any other cover.
I have the rest of the material in a box waiting for my next gsxr1k.
Unfortunately this was a hook up, as he will not sell the material by itself.
Kontour is expensive, especially for all it is. However, the air flows through it so well, it's worth it.
A cold weather ride will prove it as soon as you start moving!
No more sweaty azz! Your azz will stay as cool as the air conditioning you just walked out of to go riding...the entire ride. Even with full leathers it's noticeably cooler. As said, worth it's weight in gold, and I'll never have another bike without one.

SDC10252.JPG

SDC10256.JPG

SDC10250.JPG

SDC10253.JPG

SDC10559.JPG

I'm a bit confused so the hayabusa seat is stock foam ? I like the Kontour stuff but want foam , and mesh cover . Ill have to E mail them , and do you mind if I share a pic of your bike via e mail to them ?

Seat looks kinda funky in some of the pics, as you can see the silver foil through the black mesh near the tank.
That's at any angle, just however the light hits and reflects off of it.
The mesh cover fits snug and uniform, it doesn't stretch and look good in some places and bad in others.
It fits even everywhere, it's just the camera/sunlight/flash if it looks strange in some spots.

007.JPG

005.JPG

I'm a bit confused so the hayabusa seat is stock foam ? I like the Kontour stuff but want foam , and mesh cover . Ill have to E mail them , and do you mind if I share a pic of your bike via e mail to them ?

Go ahead, I was supposed to send him pics when I got it for the website, but don't remember if I did.
He did it in 2012.
And yeah, the foam is stock on the Busa and B-King.
Every seat they do is just a cover over stock foam, unless you want the rear side supports added, which is expensive.
They claim that the mesh is more supportive, and maybe it is, I just didn't really notice the seat being any more comfortable or softer.
I'de hate to undermine someone's business, but I really wish I could find the material(not to sell for profit, but I'de like to make a four wheeler seat, and probably a few others).
I think the right office chair mesh, and any thin waterproof cover underneathe would work fine.
Would make it much cheaper and easier for "do it yourselfers" like us.

Thank you . FYI there site talks about special foams so maybe they are doing that now.

Site is pretty much still the same.
Their foam is what they use when they add the wings to make seats larger.
Which costs alot more. Or, they'll charge you even more to shape or change foam.
Their standard seat pricing is just for the cover, and the stock seat foam remains.

Back