gen II mcxpress anyone?

ghost0211

Registered
I might be the owner of a gen II come next week. With that said im been grave digging and research whatever turbo info i can enlighten myself with. im very interested in the intercooled-stock internal route like the impressive and exprensive RCC stg 1 ultra. but in the midst of research ive stumbled across mcxpress stage 1 and i went ahead to contact Erik for more info:

"Hi J,

I use to run about 80 kPa turbo pressure (=11-12 psi)

The power on the rear wheel use to be just above 300 hp at this pressure.

The price is 44000 sek for a complete kit. (1 USD is about 7,4 sek for the moment)

The freight home to you is 1130 sek.

The compression ratio must be lowered with a thicker base gasket that is included with the kit.

New adjustable cam sprockets are included.

New clutch springs are included.

The deliverytime right now is about 2 weeks.

Best regards Erik Marklund"

What it comes down to is roughly $5900 shipped for a 300hp intercooled quality kit.

I asked further questions about his bike i.e. ECU edited, valve work and ect

How about the full exhaust, im sure this questions a dead horse but arent they restricting to turbos to some degree?
Anyone have any experience with their kits, gen II kits in particular?

busa08helsats.jpg

Busaturbo08045.jpg

Busaturbo08049.jpg

Last edited:
hes quick to to reply too:
"Hi J.

We don’t touch the stock fuel injection at all.

We install 4 extra injectors in the plenum controlled by an extra EFI-box.

This new EFI box also controls the turbo pressure.

The turbo pressure rises a little through the gears.

It is no problem to reach 350 hk with the injectors included, and the turbo I recommend is efficient up to about 330-340 hp.

With bigger turbo and injectors, you can reach much higher levels.

The turbo we use is very nice and has extremely fast response.

Bigger turbos are not as nice as this turbo in every day use in our opinion.

The stock titanium valves and springs works good. We have never heard of any problems.

Best regards Erik"

Im thinking he doesnt up the boost due to the turbo?

McExpress has always had a very good street kit. The turbo's spool pretty quick. To bad he hasn't dug into the ecu editor turbo functionality. Like with most manufactueres (esp. from over the pond) you can tack on another two weeks to whatever lead time is quoted.

The full exhaust doesn't chock things off to an unusable level. I like the sound of the dump pipes but for the street I would rather have a full exhaust system at the sacrifice of a few hp.

thats good to know, im surprised the price isnt higher considering they throw in their own efi/ boost controller as well???
im gonna ask him about retarding timing and throwing more boost down its throat and how much he'd cut if i just go w a dump pipe?

his reply:
"Our system is not designed just for racing.

It is more made like a nice update on your stock bike.

The kit is reliable and you will hardly see from the outside that it is modified.

We can make high horsepower bikes. (The strongest one we made has still the record at the dyno competition at Daytona speed week. This busa delivered on gasoline over 700 hp at the rear wheel)

But the most important thing is to get satisfied customers with very few problems.

This saves us and our customers a lot of headache.

We have now made over 4000 aftermarket kits to bikes, snowmobiles and ATV:s so we get a lot of calls if something is not working well.

Best regards Erik"

so with that said im thinking id go for the dump pipe, pull some timing and shoot for 320hp on 93pump? :laugh:

Last edited:
if you get greedy with boost you'll end up paying the price.

If you want a solid street kit that makes good hp stick with the "kit" and follow their guidelines. As soon as you start changing things it starts getting hairy.

if you get greedy with boost you'll end up paying the price.

If you want a solid street kit that makes good hp stick with the "kit" and follow their guidelines. As soon as you start changing things it starts getting hairy.

absolutly, im just basing my ecpectations off of the recent ecu editor r&d in conjunction w the ultra stg 1 unit.

each kit will end up at a different hp level, boost level, spool time, torque curve, etc. If you want the same results as smithabusa then you've got to spring for the same kit. I'm sure no matter what you'll be pleasantly satisfied with the results you get.

each kit will end up at a different hp level, boost level, spool time, torque curve, etc. If you want the same results as smithabusa then you've got to spring for the same kit. I'm sure no matter what you'll be pleasantly satisfied with the results you get.

very true. so ricks deal expires the end of spring youre sayin?

The only thing i don't like on the mcxpress kit is the air to air intercooler blocking radiator completely. My 00 yellow bike has one, and it rocks running 15-16 psi of boost on pump gas, BUT....i have to run 2 fans to keep from overheating, and running 2 fans for very long is murderous on the charging system, and you can't lower the front any, actually my bike is up a tad in the front, 60 series front tire, back of front fender chopped, radiator pushed all the way back etc.

The full exhaust i made 461 hp with so I wouldn't worry about that, get what you like, full pipes or dump, or do like i did and grab both, then you can switch around.

The mcxpress spools like no one's business, i think full boost at like 4000-4500 rpm, hits much harder than most other kits out there, which can be good or bad depending on how you like to ride etc. These at the drag strip can be interesting.

At least a while ago, there internal wastegate made it very difficult to get any lower than 10 psi of boost.

The only thing i don't like on the mcxpress kit is the air to air intercooler blocking radiator completely. My 00 yellow bike has one, and it rocks running 15-16 psi of boost on pump gas, BUT....i have to run 2 fans to keep from overheating, and running 2 fans for very long is murderous on the charging system, and you can't lower the front any, actually my bike is up a tad in the front, 60 series front tire, back of front fender chopped, radiator pushed all the way back etc.

The full exhaust i made 461 hp with so I wouldn't worry about that, get what you like, full pipes or dump, or do like i did and grab both, then you can switch around.

The mcxpress spools like no one's business, i think full boost at like 4000-4500 rpm, hits much harder than most other kits out there, which can be good or bad depending on how you like to ride etc. These at the drag strip can be interesting.

At least a while ago, there internal wastegate made it very difficult to get any lower than 10 psi of boost.

hmm decisions...how much does that utlra plenum stage 1 go for again??? that doesnt include the extra stuff like does it a cam sprocket or two, 3 bar sensor, 1:1 regulator?...then theres ecu editing & tuning which will run another two grand on top of labor....

Last edited:
i dont see 2 grand for what you are referring to but i dont think the prices for ultra stuff included any of that.

Alright we out being very familiar w the forums discounted prices and all and given your experience how much roughly should a ultra stg 1 cost and please list the additional accessories and their estimated prices I'd need to make 320+ on pump happen?

I was just quoting what I interpreted you had explained in your build thread. My turbo-10r build was pretty straight forward but i was dealing w practical stuff, no ecu editing, intercooled, valve n cam work, or base gasket. That's stuff that'll have to be done at a shop :-/

i try and not track it LOL.

roughly speaking on retail pricing
$4400 RCC stage 1 kit

then from there you can add all kinds of stuff.

i try and not track it LOL.

roughly speaking on retail pricing
$4400 RCC stage 1 kit

then from there you can add all kinds of stuff.

Thanks, not as bad as I had thought. I love the "then from there you can add all kinds of stuff":rofl: we know it never ends, and you can never go "too fast"

I agree w sixpack, I'd drop that and upgrade to the ultra plenum w ecu editor to manage the fuel.

In short smith, what we want to know how much $$$ does it take to achieve 300-320+ on 93 pump and in addition to a RCC stg 1 ultra what's needed?!

I agree w sixpack, I'd drop that and upgrade to the ultra plenum w ecu editor to manage the fuel.

In short smith, what we want to know how much $$$ does it take to achieve 300-320+ on 93 pump and in addition to a RCC stg 1 ultra what's needed?!

I think he's makin that and then some:laugh:, that's the $4400 he said. Have you seen his build? There's a big thread on it.

Back