Gen II - Velocity Stage 1, install help please!

chunk1340

Registered
I bought the Velocity Stage 1 kit when I bought my 08 Busa. It came with all fittings, instructions etc. The instructions appear to have been written for Gen 1's, however, they are quite good. I am a little confused about the next step and would like some input.

Air Intake

I want to keep the bike stock looking. I have to get the turbo pipe through the frame to the plenum, how much of the left hand air intake section do I need to remove? The fairing and trim panel attach to it, so I didnt really want to remove it if all possible.

Oil line

The oil line that feeds the turbo from the right side of the bike appears to be about a quarter of an inch too short, have I routed it incorrectly? Ive attached the banjo and routed the line over the exhaust to the top of the turbo, seems to be the shortest route!!

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbsup:

Your going to have to cut the ram air tube 3-6 inches, I can't remember, but you won't be able to see it when everything is assembled. And I routed my oil feed behind the header and dump.
Posted via Mobile Device

yep, just cut it into the ram air tube,with carefull cutting you can have a neat fit around the up pipe and not loose any strength in the fairing support

All done, thanks! I managed to cut a little pieces of ram air tube away until the turbo pipe would fit through. Schoolboy error with the oil line, :stoopid:, trying to get both ends to meet in the middle, connected the two pieces first and it went in fine. Thanks again.

All done, thanks! I managed to cut a little pieces of ram air tube away until the turbo pipe would fit through. Schoolboy error with the oil line, :stoopid:, trying to get both ends to meet in the middle, connected the two pieces first and it went in fine. Thanks again.

:rulez::worthless: :laugh:

Back