Gen II Frame Sliders

memphistn3000

Registered
Hey I wanted to get some frame sliders installed but I cant seem to find anybody to do them expect the dealership and I didnt wanna go that route so my question is..... Does anybody know any good places in the Memphis Tn area that I can get my silders installed at a decent price?:please:
They are the ones that requires that fairing to be cut and the dealership wont do them I just called.

have you considered the NO-CUT option so you can DIY?
2008 TRex Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 Frame Slider N

N608.jpg

I also wanted to install the no-cut frame sliders a while back, but after doing a lot of research on them i decided not to. I have heard quite a few say they do more damage than no sliders in an actual slide, not sure if this is true, of course they will definitely help in a normal tip-over. I'm just gonna stick with the no-slider look

THE T-REX SLIDERS HAVE ALREADY SAVED MY A$$
Here's the story:
Got 'em installed (took no longer than an hour DIY) and ended up having to go out of town for work for a couple of weeks. I put her up on the rear stand while I was gone. We were having a graduation party on the day I returned, so as soon as I got off the road, I had to finish hanging up decorations, etc. Decided that I'd put the bike out in the street to get as much room in the garage as possible. Well...upon letting her down off the stand and onto her stand, I notice that it's going a lot further than it should be. The kickstand must not have been down all the way and folded up as soon as it started to bear weight. Luckily I was holding onto the grab bar on the back and was able to basically guide it down to the ground with the one hand. Incredibly pissed and anticipating a terrible scene, quickly got her back up on her feet only to notice that there was only a couple millimeter scratch on the bottom of the OEM exhaust. :cheerleader:
This is precisely the reason I got them. Realistically, the only thing that truly going to save your fairings during a SLIDE is the frame cage setup on that OK Trooper bike. Otherwise, the best you really hope for is a little protection from a bonehead mistake like a tip over...not an actual crash. If I do go down, the last thing I'm worried about at that point is some plastic on the bike. That's just my opinion.

Make sure you rock/tilt the thick brackets that hold the bar all the way back so nothing's touching the radiator or fairings and you should be just fine. And use the proper threadlock.

Last edited:
Regular sliders that require cutting the plastics are easily installed also. Lots of folks have done it and included write-ups (with pics). It's worth the protection.

Here you go T-REX Sliders
DSC05225.jpg

I got some for the front wheels too.
DSC05224.jpg

from the front
DSC05226.jpg

You can do these yourself and save some cash, their pretty ez

Last edited:
Hope the day NEVER comes, man!

yeah me too lol. I did drop it once (very 2nd day after buying it brand new). Rolled right off the kickstand while idling to warm it up, luckily i was right by it and caught it going down, but still couldn't hold the wait of it and had to ease it to the ground. Only damage done was a tiny chip in the paint of the fairing, and the stator cover just slightly scratched. Of course it scratched up the oem pipe a little, but those disappeared pretty quickly anyways:laugh:

Here you go T-REX Sliders
I got some for the front wheels too.
DSC05224.jpg

from the front
DSC05226.jpg

You can do these yourself and save some cash, their pretty ez

I didn't know they made some for the forks. Since the mirrors and bars protrude further than the sliders (at least towards the front), is it more for looks or does it really offer protection?

I have the no cuts as well and they are just what i was looking for. Like was stated before, frame sliders arent really "crash protection," the most that they will do is allow the bike to slide over you and not pin you to the ground. Crash bars and cages are more protection but the only real way of preventing a crash is to not crash, their will almost always be damage to the bike if it goes down

Last edited:
I also wanted to install the no-cut frame sliders a while back, but after doing a lot of research on them i decided not to. I have heard quite a few say they do more damage than no sliders in an actual slide, not sure if this is true, of course they will definitely help in a normal tip-over. I'm just gonna stick with the no-slider look

Coincidently...the thread right above this is

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/135177-my-first-drop.html#post2455578

I'll save you the trouble....here's the most important part.

"Well, got the estimate today. $1800. Unbelievable... 16% of the purchase price for a simple drop!"

:poke:

Last edited:
Thats what I would recommend and exactly what I did as shown by routemanj . I say have them bolted directly to the frame. That is the strongest. Remember this is a heavy bike.

I don't know if the fork sliders offer much protection, but I figured "better safe than sorry". Besides I'm the first to get them here (in Vegas) so I'm looking real good.:thumbsup:

Back