Frame Slider & Side Panel

Z-Faucon

Registered
I'm still standing here with drill in hand but have another question. I have Phillip Lockhart sliders that bolt directly to the frame for my K8. Question: - Those that have sliders that bolt directly to the frame on a K8, sliders that bolt direclty to the engine mount that uses the pinch bolt - once installed do you have to take the slider off every time you change the oil? I'm looking at the side panel, and if I install the slider at the engine mount pinch bolt it appears that I will not be able to move the side panel around to take it off without also taking off the slider? Any guys out there have done this?

That is a good question. I had never really thought about this, but it is a good point.

Just split the lower cowl to Change the filter , it takes a little work but I do it .

What kind of slider are you using on your 08 Busa. I also want to get one for my 08 busa . was looking at the powers crash cage or powers stuntworx race railz.
I had drop my bike in the garage about an hour ago by myself trying to use the rear pitbull stand by myself with the spools.. for the first on this bike . I had the hump on the bike and the rear rail bar was removed it had been raining and the garage front wide door was open for awhile. The floor was wet. but it did not slide . instead of pulling down on the rear handle of the Pit bull , i use my right foot along the curve bar and the front wheel must have turn to the right and i couldn't hold the bike up and i am 6 foot tall and weight 198 lbs. and it still tip over slowly. Small scratch on the clutch outside on the fairing. Tahnk god i had those small 4 inches frame slider on the bike that use the same bolt as the fairing below the gas tank .
I am interested in your setup can you post a pic on here or email me at ghcampuzano@bellsouth.net

Last edited:
I'm still standing here with drill in hand but have another question. I have Phillip Lockhart sliders that bolt directly to the frame for my K8. Question: - Those that have sliders that bolt directly to the frame on a K8, sliders that bolt direclty to the engine mount that uses the pinch bolt - once installed do you have to take the slider off every time you change the oil? I'm looking at the side panel, and if I install the slider at the engine mount pinch bolt it appears that I will not be able to move the side panel around to take it off without also taking off the slider? Any guys out there have done this?

How much did it cost you for your Phillip Lockhart sliders , what is the item number ? can you post a pic of the sliders?

Don't mess with the pinch bolt. It's there to hold a spacer for the engine mount bolt. It does nothing for the slider removal. Just unbolt the slider and remove the bolt. It will come out without any problems.

I dont have a k8 but I do have the Phillip Lockhart sliders that bolt directly to the frame for my 07. I just made the hole a tad bigger than the slider and then put door trim around the hole. I can pull my plastics off and on as easy as I did when I didnt have sliders. This is the best pic I have for a close up of what I did. I was focused on the Hayabusa logo so the slider is a little blurry.

DSC00931.jpg

Some good input here. Those that asked, I have plain black Phillip Lockhart sliders that can be found at this site in the catalog. Paid about $54 shipped to the door.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/

I don't have pic's yet since I haven't worked up the nerve to drill. But it appears that those of you that have the sliders change the oil by keeping the sliders on and moving the side panel out while working below the bike. The K8 is a little complicated, having the lower side panel interlocked with the top panel, as opposed to GenI having fastners which allow a more easy removal of the lower panel. I found the input about drilling a bigger hole interesting and using some type of door trim. I think there may even be a vender that sells all sorts of rubber gromlets, trim etc. but can't remember who. Thank you guys for your input, it's really helpful to have this site and you to talk these issues.

Back