gen 3 dual muffler headers

karatekosta

Registered
Hi everyone,
I've been trying to find a dual muffler header system for my gen 3 but nothing comes up from a reputable company. Has anyone tried these from ebay? They seem to have the O2 sensor inserts already built into them, but I'm worried about fitment

Link 1

Link 2

Max Torque and Black Widow, both in the UK
Webbike Japan has the full dual Yoshimura, and ship to the U.S.
Some gen2 full dual exhausts fit the gen3 also, but the midpipe near the shifter may need some fabrication.

Ok my long experience in the pursuit of getting a full system with 4-2-2 with the Yoshi R77 slip ons.

I purchased the max torque headers from UK for my gen3... Not being comfortable working with less space near the radiator etc., went to a dealer! (worse than a stealer, you will see why), paying the 4 hr labor. i picked it up in the evening so was in a rush to get back home and came back without inspecting (my mistake). the following day i noticed, that the exhaust burned a bit the underbody plastic and also melted a bit of the side plastics. I had to cut out the plastics to make space and rode it for another 200 miles to see how the exhaust felt without any tune. The dealer never bothered to let me know there was an issue with fitment.

- I reached out to Max torque with the pictures asking for a return... guess what, even if it's a manufacturing issue they want you to pay for the return shipping... I decided to just keep it also considering the cost to ship it back.
- Super frustrated with the dealer as they did not even bother to tell me at install that the headers have fitment issue. in addition, they broke one of the plastic clips of the panel (indicating they rushed through the job)
- Inner exhaust header bolts were not tightened at all. and there was bad exhaust leak.
- Overall, the ride was rough, and the throttle felt a bit non-linear (of course i did not get it tuned)..
- The mid pipe did not come with any clamps to install the yoshi heat shields that came with the slipons.
- Overall material and the welds of the system see ok, but still far away from being a mainstream replacement. (i guess its hit or miss to get the right measurements)

for anyone considering aftermarket systems, better to go with a reputable brand with presence in the US..

Now over this weekend, i reinstalled the stock headers myself with the Yoshi slip Ons taking my time and having the right torque on all the bolts... honestly i am just happy going back this way. The max torque headers for now sitting to be repurposed in the yard as some structure.

Will attach some pictures soon

The last 2 pictures 833/834 are back with the stock headers and Yoshi slip Ons... I think i will stay with this setup. Happy with the throttle response, not looking for more power, sounds good as well.

IMG_0534 (1).jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

Back