Dual can aftermarket exhaust?

Found this old thread the other day and ordered the VH 4-2-2 headers and yoshi R77 slipons for the gen2.
I'll try to mount them on my 03 Haya when they arrive in January... And the temp rises a bit, its 26c below zero and my garage has no heat! Thats -14,8F guys :banghead:

I will post pictures..

Ok, so the V&H headers and Yoshi R77 are mounted on my gen1.

Had to cut of the centre stand mount on the right side and modify the rear lower fairing&fairing bracket.
Also needed to relocate the oilcooler to prevent the oilpipes contact the headers.

The headers also had a leak in one of the front spring joints, fixed with special silicone.

Bike is sendt to be dynoed with pcv custom map.

Here's a vid
[video=youtube_share;kpDiIWR0dpI]http://youtu.be/kpDiIWR0dpI[/video]

I believe Yoshimura has a head pipe that replaces the factory one and is compatible with their slip ons.

The VH-Yoshi gen2 combo is fitted adjusted and dynoed. On my 03 gen1 Busa

Had to cut the centrestand mount and make diy mount for the exhaust and rear lower fairing.
Also needed to shim the mount for the oil cooler to prevent the oil lines to touch the headers.

The lower rear fairing needed to be trimmed to prevent it touching the slip on.
Had to shim out the front lower fairing mounts to get more space between fairing&exhaust.

Result:
Haya03foslashrampetter_zpsc238da5d.jpg

175,9rwhp&140,9rwnm.

Still a few horsepower to tweak out by altering the ignition in ecueditor and some more tuning in the dyno. Gonna ride it for a month or so before i do more tweaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not that popular. But I put a set of these Danmoto's on my 04.
GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 1999-2007 Titanium GP [EX-00041] - $305.00
I too prefer the look of duals on a Busa. But was looking for the right size as well. I have no problem with these at all. In my opinion then look good. They are feather lite compared to the HUGE stock cans. They looked real good on the Dyno. They have a great sound. And after all of that. They were the cheapest I looked at as well...

DSCN6545.jpg

Back