Dual can aftermarket exhaust?

Jota69

Registered
What is a good aftermarket exhaust that will come with the dual mufflers, I really like the look of the dual mufflers but all the aftermarket exhausts I have seen are single muffler exhaust. I have a GEN I. Right now my bike has some Yoshi slipons. Also if I cant find any dual muffler exhaust, is there any way to I can modify the stock header for better flow?

There are tons of threads on this issue on here. I only know of three full exhaust for the Busa with dual cans, Vance & Hines, Akropovic and Brock (my favorite). Unfortunately both are for GEN II, don't know if they will work on a GEN I but I don't think so.

Akropovic Dual.jpg

V & H Full.jpg

Brocks.jpg

There are tons of threads on this issue on here. I only know of three full exhaust for the Busa with dual cans, Vance & Hines, Akropovic and Brock (my favorite). Unfortunately both are for GEN II, don't know if they will work on a GEN I but I don't think so.

The gen2 Akrapovic and V&H should be easy to put on the gen1. You should only have to fab a bracket at the end of the header where it mounts near the oilpan.
The gen1 and 2 passenger pegs/muffler mounts are in different places, but since the Akra and V&H have sliding mounts on the mufflers you can move them to where you need them.
The Brocks have fixed mounting holes in the cans, so you'de have to fab brackets there too.
I put gen1 bolt ons on my gen2(using the gen2 midpipes). You can see the damage to the finish on them where they were overtightened on the gen1. The pics will show you the differences in muffler bracket/hanger spacing between the gen 1 and 2. Damage where the clamp was on the gen1 is a couple inches lower down the pipe from where it mounts on the gen2. I cut that part out when I shortened them.
I've since added a full dual Akrapovic(more pics coming in a new thread later).

RussellJ is considering getting the Vance&Hines gen2 universal header(works with ALL dual muffler setups, including the stock mufflers), and putting it on his gen1 with dual mufflers.
If he does he'll have exact details for everyone...:poke:Russell

Gen1 and 2 header to head spacing/bolt pattern is the same, and they bolt on. As said, the oil pan mount area is different, and the header tips where they exit on each side and bolt to the midpipes have a slightly different angle.
You CAN put a full dual gen2 on a gen1 with a little modification.:beerchug:
My friends and I have been through quite a few gen1 and 2 exhausts.
The gen1 and 2 frame, and external engine dimensions are the same. The subframes, passenger peg spacing, and oil pans, header tip exit length and angles, and lower header mounts are the differences.

SDC11032.jpg

SDC11031.jpg

SDC11029.jpg

SDC11047.jpg

SDC10460.jpg

SDC10463.jpg

:laugh: yes I can take pictures. I also owe the Org pics of my Gen2 radiator on my Gen1 :whistle:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

HMF high mount
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Only pic I have of rear...
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I thought you could but any dual slip ons on the VH header. Isn't that the way to mount dual R77s on a Gen 2?

Hmf highmounts!

+1, 06+5Bussa had them on his 06.
They look and sound great!
It made quite alot of power on his dyno tune too.
You can PM him for details.
Or maybe if I talk some trash about him and his slow gen2 he'll show up:laugh:
That one has the dual Brocks too.

Question If the VH header works with any dual slip ons does the Akro header work with R77s? If so, is there any advantage to doing so?

Question If the VH header works with any dual slip ons does the Akro header work with R77s? If so, is there any advantage to doing so?

The V&H header is made to work with ANY gen2 slip ons, including the stock mufflers. It's not that their full system header just happens to work with other mufflers, it was designed that way. It's not even sold from them as a full dual system, you buy their header and slipons seperately.
I'm sure with some fabrication R77 slip ons could be made to work with the Akrapovic header, but there would be no real advantage to doing so(unless whatever fab needed was worth a possible insignificant hp gain to the bike owner). The midpipes may or may not bolt to the Akra header because of midpipe diameter and header outlet angles.
You would also have to contact Akrapovic directly to buy the header, which combined with the cost of the R77s would probably be more than the full Akra system itself. The full Akrapovic with cf mufflers was $1555 shipped from MotoMummy, the cheapest I could find anywhere.
The V&H header is around $400, and R77s can be had new for $600 to $800 depending on finish and seller.
I considered the V&H header for a long time and the R77s were one of my top choices for mufflers. Several members here have/had that setup too. There's also been a few with the V&H header and other mufflers. A couple had dyno results and each made really good power.
The V&H header is worth it for the simple fact that it gets rid of the stock catalytic converter, as that thing puts off too much heat. They'll also be small performance gain, and likely a change in exhaust tone.
I remember a member getting a dyno tune with the V&H header and M4 retro slipons from Johnny Cheese, and it made good power.
Johnny Cheese is known to be the dyno guy anyway, so his opinion on the V&H header would probably be more credible than anyones. You can PM him or call him out if you like.

Do they make a VH header for the GEN 1? Can I get a VH header and keep my yoshi slipons?

I always understood that they did, but as of lately some members have posted that they cannot find them anywhere. A gen2 header will bolt to the gen1 head, but would need a little fabrication on the lower mounting brackets.
Your Yoshis WILL bolt to it as well, you just need to slide the muffler hangers down the muffler a couple inches.

Thanks for the info sixpack577. I really like the look of the CF Yosh R77s. Those and the VH header combo is the way I will go for sure. I would really like it if they came out with duals that have the R77D end caps on them.

Thanks for the info sixpack577. I really like the look of the CF Yosh R77s. Those and the VH header combo is the way I will go for sure. I would really like it if they came out with duals that have the R77D end caps on them.

Glad to,
I would be suprised if Yoshimura made a full dual R77 system in the future.
Yoshimura does make a full dual system for the gen2, but it's only available in Japan and the mufflers aren't R77.
Another member here tried to get one earlier this year and it was going to be over $3K!!!
The mufflers were cool looking with 2 outlets per muffler, and available in ss or cf.
I think the member was Don Hardcastle(sorry if that's incorrect), he had all the details.
I did save a pic of it though.

exhaust1.jpg

Back