Gen 2 horsepower mods and tuning questions

sounds like a well rounded bike! Around here hayabusa end up stretched with tunes and other basic stuff.
how do you like the bazzaz? I hear about them every now and then but haven't don't much research on them. I was looking into traction control for the busa awhile back and came across a bazzaz unit. If i remember correctly it was about 800 or so bucks? Seems pricey but cheaper than a stand alone.

lol farm implement thats a new one, iive heard it called a pig before. Sounds like with a few basic mods it can be a toss up. thanks for the help b, youve been helpful. I think I know which direction I will go for now.
The Bazzaz system sure makes it easy to fine tune to get the AFR just about perfect...I have 2 maps which can be run, and I like the fact it can be plugged into my laptop so I can do simple things like set the idle and check the AFR. Mine doesn't have TC though...I rely on my right wrist to control that.

This bike is set up for handling and straight line performance...it does both pretty well.

I have a bright yellow Cub Cadet tractor and that's why mine is called a farm implement...

Just a heads up for those that care ...., the Zeta titanium axles are no more ... yes , they are a luxury , but they were also the very best value and excellent design form ,
IMG_20180619_113320.jpg
strength to weight . I missed out on the Zed14 set ... There are people making hollow shaft titanium , then hard anodized end nuts either end , or hard anodized threaded end for swingarm pivot . Got an example of such ,
IMG_20190310_131358.jpg
a Unit5 swingarm pivot for Busa .
Beta Titanium do a beautiful axle set , but sickening price for Aussies to purchase and import ...
You can get an excellent engine mount bolt kit and I believe suspension linkage full titanium kit for Gen 2 from DME Racing , maybe also Schnitz Racing .
Anyway , a bit of useless info , I guess , but I am sorry to see Zeta give up this line as I love all this kind of hardware .
Pic of Gold Zeta ti Busa axles , also a set of custom Fast Franks endurance quick release items , and an engine , swingarm and suspension ti bolt kit .
Stand alone pic of Unit5 lightweight swingarm pivot with cnc racing reservoirs ..
toad

I watched a few of his videos the other day and he clarified that it wasn't one mod that made the bike put down the numbers it did but many mods. His bike is equipped with a quick shift and the bike never stops pulling, so the quick shifter makes a huge difference. How do you like the haltech? I was contemplating getting one awhile back and the haltech was the one I was going to go with. The smartphone software seems easy enough.
I attempted to mess with the settings when I first got it but decided that I could live with the stock settings however the last time I tried to connect my phone to it i couldn't get out connected but that could be operator error. I honestly couldn't believe how much quicker you seem to get up to speed using the quickshifter. I'm no expert on them but I definitely like the healtech unit most of all because it's kind of stealthy and doesn't have the big solenoid on it, just be sure to take care tightening it up and when it says after a few miles u need to recheck it they are serious, as the washers compress your linkage will be left slightly loose.

Let's get back to how much YOU weigh. Likely there's a few kilos to be saved there without spending loadsamoney on titanium this and carbon fibre that....

I lost 6.5 kilos and my quarter mile times came down just over a quarter second......just sayin'
I guess this old "pork chop" will have to rely on technology to haul my carcass around..

Webike is excellent to deal with, seems cheaper for most parts opposed going direct to the manufacture. I’ve used them countless times same as Andrew and I haven’t had a hiccup yet.
Awesome! I am wanting to get carbon panels from magical racing from their site. They will be out of stock for the next few months unfortunately.

Just a heads up for those that care ...., the Zeta titanium axles are no more ... yes , they are a luxury , but they were also the very best value and excellent design form , View attachment 1638068strength to weight . I missed out on the Zed14 set ... There are people making hollow shaft titanium , then hard anodized end nuts either end , or hard anodized threaded end for swingarm pivot . Got an example of such ,View attachment 1638067 a Unit5 swingarm pivot for Busa .
Beta Titanium do a beautiful axle set , but sickening price for Aussies to purchase and import ...
You can get an excellent engine mount bolt kit and I believe suspension linkage full titanium kit for Gen 2 from DME Racing , maybe also Schnitz Racing .
Anyway , a bit of useless info , I guess , but I am sorry to see Zeta give up this line as I love all this kind of hardware .
Pic of Gold Zeta ti Busa axles , also a set of custom Fast Franks endurance quick release items , and an engine , swingarm and suspension ti bolt kit .
Stand alone pic of Unit5 lightweight swingarm pivot with cnc racing reservoirs ..
toad
Woah how much were the zeta titanium axles?
I have seen the same titanium set and am thinking about getting in the future. My plan was that if I was revimg any fasters titanium or aluminum would go in its place if possible. Any idea how much the parts you listed shaved off of orm parts?

I attempted to mess with the settings when I first got it but decided that I could live with the stock settings however the last time I tried to connect my phone to it i couldn't get out connected but that could be operator error. I honestly couldn't believe how much quicker you seem to get up to speed using the quickshifter. I'm no expert on them but I definitely like the healtech unit most of all because it's kind of stealthy and doesn't have the big solenoid on it, just be sure to take care tightening it up and when it says after a few miles u need to recheck it they are serious, as the washers compress your linkage will be left slightly loose.
The settings is what I'm not sure of, I have never messed with a quick shifter and don't know anyone that has.
I ran a friend with a quick shifter and he kept pulling from me, if I got the jump it wasn't so bad. I'm with you on the stealthyness it looks tidy on the bike. Thanks for the info I will keep that in mind. I'm hoping to purchase next week and perform the trashcan (trunk?) Mod.

Let's get back to how much YOU weigh. Likely there's a few kilos to be saved there without spending loadsamoney on titanium this and carbon fibre that....

I lost 6.5 kilos and my quarter mile times came down just over a quarter second......just sayin'
Working on it. I work on a boat and am almost at my target weight. With my schedule and conflicts with grocery orders it can be difficult at times trying to maintain muscle mass and stay lean. There is definitely more weight to be lost. I do plan to change the wheels for forged aluminum, swap the stock battery for a lithium, and lightened rotors and hardware.

The settings is what I'm not sure of, I have never messed with a quick shifter and don't know anyone that has.
I ran a friend with a quick shifter and he kept pulling from me, if I got the jump it wasn't so bad. I'm with you on the stealthyness it looks tidy on the bike. Thanks for the info I will keep that in mind. I'm hoping to purchase next week and perform the trashcan (trunk?) Mod.
I love my quickshifter....

Zeta are not making the ti axles no more , I contacted them just after covid hit Japan hard , wanting to know about a set for my ZED14 , well got an answer back that not making no more ti axles . I got even more expensive spare set for Busa , the Zeta ti axles I run are great value compared .
Crazy to think you have more invested in just rims and axles on one bike than I do with my entire bike..

I guess it is a bit crazy sarge , I have always loved tinkering with my bikes . I just like my rides to be done a certain way , equipped with imho good performance gear , been like it all my riding days .
Nothing wrong with that at all....I feel you...

I have a very expensive lawn tractor...some of my neighbors think I am crazy to have got that.....until they would like me to use my 1000lb lawn roller to flatten their lawn in the spring...

I guess it is a bit crazy sarge , I have always loved tinkering with my bikes . I just like my rides to be done a certain way , equipped with imho good performance gear , been like it all my riding days .
So when I went out for my test ride when I got my Busa all together again, I was shocked at how sublime the bike felt rolling over the road. It's not a feeling of isolation like a caddy, but supreme contact and control. Sort of like the wheels are following the bumps rather than bouncing over them. I know this sounds like hype but on those first rides it was amazingly noticeable.

So the only changes at that time in the build were the Ti axles and the Ohlins damper. I have heard Ti has flex properties that are much better for bikes than steel. So Andrew did you have a similar experience? If not, that smoothness I felt was coming from the damper. It's possible the OEM damper was 9+ years old was not working at all.

Back