Gen 2 Hayabusa clutch cable adjustment

Tbarger71

Registered
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the clutch cable on my 08 hayabusa? To much lever play

20180721_171046.jpg

G'day mate, welcome to the Org.
Please don't take this the wrong way but . . . .
aaaaahh, you are taking the p*ss, right?
Do you not know the Busas have a hydraulic clutch?
No cable to 'adjust', if there is too much freeplay at the lever, the clutch hydraulics need to be bled, first step.
If a good air bleed does not improve the excess play at the lever, then it's time to look further and deeper into the clutch actuation,
master cylinder worn?
hydraulic hose faulty?
slave cylinder faulty?
Pushrod damaged, bent etc?
Process of elimination step by step will sort the problem.
If you are a novice at mechanical work, take it to a reputable bike shop.
That's my best advice.

Here's a very good explanation on the DOT numbers of brake/clutch fluid and their differences . . .
https://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/resources/faq/difference-between-dot4-and-dot51-brake-fluid/
Also, I have found the quickest and easiest way to flush new fluid thru the clutch hydraulics and bleed ALL air from the system is to us a mity-vac or vacuum bleeder on the slave cyl end of the system and suck fluid through from m/cyl to slave cyl.
Mity-vac
s-l500.jpg

vacuum bleeder
s-l500.jpg

I dont even know what to say.
Ya, do what kiwi says, bleed it. But im betting theres nothing wrong.
The lever will naturally wiggle up an down minutely but does not affect engagement of clutch, it's so it can pivot in its perch.

OP, is ur clutch spongy?
Like is it taking longer to engage the clutch on the busa than ur used to on previous bikes?

Please get back to us

I dont even know what to say.
Ya, do what kiwi says, bleed it. But im betting theres nothing wrong.
The lever will naturally wiggle up an down minutely but does not affect engagement of clutch, it's so it can pivot in its perch.

OP, is ur clutch spongy?
Like is it taking longer to engage the clutch on the busa than ur used to on previous bikes?

Please get back to us
Yeah, I think his best course of action is to take it to a bike shop (Suzuki dealer preferably) and let a decent honest service tech check it out.

Ya he prob shouldnt try adjusting or working on anything himself lol no offense.. just lookin out for u an the bike

Welcome to the forum. Listen to KIWI and take it to a shop if you feel there is something wrong with the clutch lever.

G'day mate, welcome to the Org.
Please don't take this the wrong way but . . . .
aaaaahh, you are taking the p*ss, right?
Do you not know the Busas have a hydraulic clutch?
No cable to 'adjust', if there is too much freeplay at the lever, the clutch hydraulics need to be bled, first step.
If a good air bleed does not improve the excess play at the lever, then it's time to look further and deeper into the clutch actuation,
master cylinder worn?
hydraulic hose faulty?
slave cylinder faulty?
Pushrod damaged, bent etc?
Process of elimination step by step will sort the problem.
If you are a novice at mechanical work, take it to a reputable bike shop.
That's my best advice.
I appreciate the feedback brother. I'm going to bleed it again this weekend and hopefully it will tighten up..Thanks again

Back