adjust throttle cables

cycleman

Registered
Looking for some info on adjusting the cables. The book is not much help. I can't figure out how to get to the lock and adjustment ring that the book refers to.

Looking for some info on adjusting the cables. The book is not much help. I can't figure out how to get to the lock and adjustment ring that the book refers to.
I think there are adjusters on the steering too(for quick adjustment).Right next to the throttle where cables begin.Now if you mean the adjusters on the throttle bodies you have to lift the tank :beerchug:

If you're referring to the throttle cable adjustment, you don't even have to roll back that rubber protector. The adjuster lock ring can be felt through the rubber protector, just loosen it and turn the adjustment knob out to take out the throttle slack. I have mine adjusted to no slack. I like instant response when I twist the throttle. Make sure to turn the grips full left and right when you're done (with engine on and in neutral) to insure that the idle speed remains the same.

This info is referring to the adjustment at the hand grip.
+ 1000
CCbusa05 Make sure to turn the grips full left and right when you're done (with engine on and in neutral) to insure that the idle speed remains the same.
ThrottlePlay.jpg

ThrottlePlay.jpg

:thumbsup:...yep, what rusheriv said.
This was probably the first thing I adjusted on mine. Mine had a ton of play in it off the showroom floor.

My throttle grip does kinda slide "side-to-side" though. Is this normal?

Yes, there is some minimal side-to-side play of the grip. I think this is so there is no binding, allowing the throttle to move freely.

:thumbsup:...yep, what rusheriv said.
This was probably the first thing I adjusted on mine. Mine had a ton of play in it off the showroom floor.

+1 on the play off the showroom floor, the 08 I had was worst though than the new 09, that was the first adjustment I made also. The side to side is normal.

One of the first things I did also, took out all the slack made it much more rideable :thumbsup:

I'm very proud of you kids.....................this is the first thing I do when I buy a new bike!:beerchug:

Back