GEN 2 Fuse access (pics)

removing the upper dash cover .

Not to change the subject but noticed you had Heli-bars, How do you like them and does it really make that big of a difference for the money.

Doesnt look like it gives you that much lift but hard to tell from the pics.

Oh, by the way, the fuse pics helped me out when I needed to replace my fuse that blew when I was hooking up the Targa fender kit

Thanks

I had to do a reset and thought this was PINNED, i could not find it so here it is.

The 08 owners manual can be a little vague when setting up the shift light the first time.
I hope this will clarify the process.

LEFT BUTTON - SELECT ***** RIGHT BUTTON - ADJUST

1. Press and hold the left (SELECT) button.
2. Turn the ignition on, continue to hold the select button down until the instrument panel boots up .
3. Release the select button.
4. Press the right (ADJUST) button one time.
5. A symbol that resembles a lightning bolt will appear.
6. Pressing the right button again will toggle through the shift light settings--- on, flash or off.
7. Press the left (SELECT) button again... one time.
8. Little dots/squares appear - this is the brightness setting for lamp.
9. Press the right button to add more dots - more dots brighter lamp.
10. Press the left (SELECT) button again- tach needle will move to default setting.
11. Press the right (ADJUST) button to move the tach needle to the desired setting.
( 500rpm increments below 8000 rpm, 250rpm increments above 8000 rpm)
12. Press the left (select) button to exit out.

Thank you for the write up Steve. Your instructions were spot on. My mistake was I didnt have the engine kill switch in the on position. Got it set and I love it. :beerchug:

Just a heads up should you have a total power failure, there is the main 30amp fuse attached to the starter solenoid. To get at this, you have to remove the tail section of the bike. Starter solenoid and fuse are located down the left hand side of the bike. A pain to get at with the bike fully dressed

Back