How much accessory amperage will the gen 2 electrical system handle?

mestona

Registered
I am in the process of designing and building a personal cooling device. My expected amperage draw would be about 12.5 amps at 12v, which leads to my question, will the 'busa charging system handle it?

According to a parts website, heated grips draws about 3A, a heated jacket about 7A and heated pants about 7A. So if anyone has used all of these together on the busa, please chime in.

Pashnit would probably be your best bet on this question. He runs all sorts of things on his Busa, to include a printer, PC and robotic secretary to take business calls while on his tours.

I may be adding an electric water pump for a liquid/air intercooler (currently working on a home brewed turbo kit) eventually but I don't know what the amp draw of that will be, but I will deal with that when I get there.

Pashnit would probably be your best bet on this question. He runs all sorts of things on his Busa, to include a printer, PC and robotic secretary to take business calls while on his tours.

LOL, yeah I'm not looking to run my home office off my bike, just something to help with the desert heat.

Glad to hear it, now to commence with the project, depending on how it works, I may be willing to post pics and sell copies...

Back