Electrical system question(s)

shadowjack

Registered
OKay got a few questions.

1. For my Alarm I got I need a splice into the +acc wire coming off the ignition so the alarm dosen't auto-rearm.. Where can I break into this line?

2. I have the alarm already mounted pretty much to draw current off the bike. I also am in the process of mounting a hardwired connection for my radar detector. How much can I still add to run off the bikes electrical system before the load is too much for the magneto/alternator to be able to support? Thill thinking about wiring in a power supply for my mp3 player and a body lighting LED kit behind the Fairing Vents.

Please let me know if I am thinking too much crap on the bike, and if it can handle powering all these accessories.

Thanks
40__s.gif
AAAssjani.gif

There's no real place for an ACC type hookup .. either bike's on, or off .. Get your multimeter and test the wires from the green plug near the fuses (left), with key on & off .. these go to your ignition. Also service manual's wiring diagrams are worth the download.

You'd be safe with all your accessories, for tidyness run a new line from your battery, fuse it at whatever .. main fuse is 30A. You'll have some phat beats and neon bling then
blush.gif

Back