alarm woes

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
I have this alarm with remote start and engine disable capabilties...i just looked at the wiring diagram and location of the wires...if i tap a wire into the starter relay will it be the say as taping a wire into the starter switch? If not where in the wiring harness is the best place to tap into the starter button? Another question for the ignition switch its self where is the best place to tap into the wires for that? thanks

thanks
wink.gif
guess i just did it too huh
smile.gif

Can't help much there. Just got done installing my Scorpio. Did you try looking over Ice's write-up? Maybe it could help you out with the starter disable.

This for for the fuel cut-off:

Source: The GSX1300R Service Manual, and a multi-meter.

The wire color is Orange/white. The pic shows the position of the wire in the fuel relay.

FuelPumpRelay.jpg

so you unplug the orange/white wire and replace it with teh one from the alarm or do you jumper it in there too?

Don't unplug it. You'll have to cut the Orange/White wire and connect the relay "into" it's path (the plug side to one side of the relay, the other side to the Orange/White wire that's cut). My pic looks that way because I soldered and wrapped all of my connections. It's more work than crimps, but it's much more durable.

Ok man i jumped it into the wire and when i start the bike hit the kill switch nothing happens bike runs like a champ

Did anyone here activate their bike disable feature?

NO i dont mine uses the pump wire to determine is the bike is running or not.

i honestly don't know, but i will tell you i complement you for doing so i have a scorpion alarm and a lo-jack. and i must say that the scorpion is bad ass!!! i tested it at a mall and the remte actually worked while i was in the center crt of the mall. it also comes with a feature to shut it off, just in case you see the ####### riding off, to bad a bat doesn't come with it.

mine has the same cutoff feature but i cant activate it without knowing where the iginitino off(up) and ignition off(down) wires are...if anyone knows could you please tell me Ill really appriciate it
wink.gif

Do any of these alarms help find the bike when they load it into the back of a van? I lost one that way already.

no but they page you when the alarm goes off.
cool.gif

Back