Uninstalling a alarm system...wiring question.

NuckaMan

Registered
I bought my 05 Busa used and came with a unknown brand alarm system and currently in the process of uninstalling it (I don't really care for it).

Looks like the alarm system wiring harness is just spliced into the Busa's wiring harness at various points.

All seems basic but there are 3 different colored wires from the alarm system wiring harness spliced into 3 seperate black wires in the Busa wiring harness. Do I just simply reconnect the 3 black wires together after disconnecting the alarm system? all the black wires are the same gauge, but they seem independent from each other and from different sources down the pipe line....not sure they were all connected in stock form.

Thanks.

If you have not already done so, now would be a good time to use the search box and download the service manual. In it you could identify the wires that your alarm has been connected to. Likley there is a 12v+ (fused wire), a ground, and the extras. They might disable the fuel pump or ignition. If the alarm disables one of the two you would remove the alarm and then reconnect the factory wiring (solder if possible) and shrinkwrap.

I am sorry if this sounds obvious, but this is just the principal. The wiring is pretty basic. I put an alarm on my bike...so I am just thinking in reverse.

Good luck.

Are these wires in the tail? Are they going to the turn signals and taillight maybe? My alarm is tapped into the signals to flash them when the alarm is activated. Like they said before, download the service manual. Good Luck.

When its disconnected, does the bike run, and operate correctly?

If so the 4 black wires are just the signal, and power and grounds to the alarm!

Back