Scorpio Alarm

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
In December I bought a new Scorpio alarm with all the bells and whistles and installed it in January. My bike has been down because I did 18 different winter mods on her. Everything was finally finished and this past Saturday was "test ride" day.

The bike was perfect! Lots more power from the Brock's Hindle, everything worked perfectly.... all the way to 8500rpms. When I hit 8500, I hit the limiter! I didn't know what the heck was going on. Well, Sat night I hit the search button on all the forums and discovered that several people had problems with the "anti hijack" feature of the Scorpio alarm. Like my installation, everyone had spliced the anti hijack into the orange/white tracer wire that disables the ignition.

Sunday morning I took the anti hijack feather out of the system (everything else on the alarm works perfectly) and instantly the problem was solved. The bike runs like a scalded dog to the limiter!

Do NOT install the anti hijack to the orange/white tracer wire. Apparently Scorpio is aware of the problem and suggest splicing this feature into one of the wires behind the brake reservior.... I havn't done this yet but will after I've done some more research on the matter. My bike is an 02 model so don't know if all years are effected like this. Ride safe!
cool.gif

I was thinking of getting one of those. they look really great but really pricey.... where did you get yours at?

I have scorpio with anti-hijack for 2 years now and never heard of that glitch

IMO anti hijack feature is useless anyway. I don`t even remember how to activate it.
smile.gif

Thanks for the warning. Im installing mine this month but I think Im gonna skip the anti hijack unit. As soon as I install my center stand, the RoadLok will be installed.

Back