!! GEN 2 Air Box Mod !!

vmaxbaby

Registered
I read on one of the forums (I think it was this one) that someone did an airbox mod to get more air into the engine. Can someone point me in the right direction because I can't find it.

Thank you,

Theres an airbox mod for the gen1's. You can use the search feature to find it. Never heard of one for the gen2 but if its here, I'm sure you'll find it the same way.

With the Gen 2 airbox you can get a BMC race filter and change the Velocity Stacks. The GEN 2 flows so much better than the Gen 1 with a Large Airbox mod.

Gen 2 box flows better than Gen1 with large box mod? Did I read that right? ???
With the Gen 2 airbox you can get a BMC race filter and change the Velocity Stacks. The GEN 2 flows so much better than the Gen 1 with a Large Airbox mod.

Gen 2 box flows better than Gen1 with large box mod? Did I read that right? ???

That is correct. The Gen 2 has a better and smoother transition from the lower chamber to the main chamber. Tested it on a flow bench awhile ago. I dont remember the exact flow numbers since I didnt write them down. Also the Gen 2's airbox is slightly larger than the Gen 1 so it has more of a reservior of air.

I don't think you hear much in this area because zuki did all they could to meet our demands from the Gen I.

Gotcha! :beerchug: Yea I noticed the Gen2 box has a smoother flow inside the box. Volume wise I wasn't sure if there was much of a change.
That is correct. The Gen 2 has a better and smoother transition from the lower chamber to the main chamber. Tested it on a flow bench awhile ago. I dont remember the exact flow numbers since I didnt write them down. Also the Gen 2's airbox is slightly larger than the Gen 1 so it has more of a reservior of air.

I think the new head probably moves a little more air for that stroker they gave us too.

Here are some pics to show you that the Gen 2's airbox has more capacity

MVC-001F-11.jpg

MVC-002F-13.jpg

MVC-003F-12.jpg

MVC-004F-3.jpg

I would guesstimate the Gen 2 Airbox is 10% to 12% larger. I installed a Gen 2 on a Gen 1 with no other mods and it picked signifcant horsepower.

hi where do you get the billet adapter plate?
what is the purpose of it ?

thanks

I made it on a CNC. It allows a Gen 2 airbox to be installed on a Gen 1 and use Gen 1 throttle bodies. Also working on an adapter that will allow a Gen cylinder Head and Airbox to be installed on a Gen 1 motor. :laugh:

Back