air box mod??...Gen 2???

drnick

Registered
I know this might be posted in wrong section???but the air box mod for gen1is it the same for gen2???...I know the box itself is diff.on the 2,and the stacks look all the same lenght on the 2,compared to long/short stacks on the 1...I would like to do the same mod on the 2,as I did on my gen 1...and I would like to install longer stacks to get more Torque low to mid range,as I did on my Gen 1...any info on this would be much appreciated,THX

Most go to a shorter stack to move the powrband further up. The factory stacks are pretty long to begin with, and too my knowledge there are no other factory style, rubber stacks that are longer and readily available.

The interior of the box is just that, a box. There is no easy way to change the chamber volume like on the gen 1. I did a box for a previous bike of mine and lessened the chamber volume by adding material to the interior of the box and smoothing the radiuses of the box. This wasn't easy by any means and required ALOT of time on and off the dyno.

If you want more lower and mid range torque, look into going with an ecu flash and have a reputable tuner adjust the bike for you. Ignition timing is what makes power and torque. Fuel control is just for thermal principles and detonation deterrence. Adding a pipe etc will not effect low end (rpm) performance, but mostly affect the top end of the rpm sweep. IF you want the presence of torque per traveling mph, gearing is the cheapest means of doing this. But, if you're touring at spend lots of time at highway speed, adjusting your effective f.d. would be detrimental.

THX,I just wanted to know if there was an "Airbox mod " for the Gen 2 Busa,other then a BMC/K&N filter install.:beerchug:

Back