All you 08 owners...

DE44Magna

Registered
Hey are the ram air seals the same as on the Gen 1 busa? I know the stacks can be modded like the older bikes and there is no "small air box mod" but what about the ram air seals?

I just installed the ram-air seals on my 08 but went a few steps further. I have a UV pressure tester I use to test the products we manufacturer for leaks. I plugged the air box breather, air box drain hole and capped off the throttle bodies. I sealed off the front air tubes and fitted our tester. It was depressing to see all the leaks.... The seals alone may have helped but in no way is it the solution.

The air tubes are a 2 piece design and our tester blew smoke out everywhere. It was so bad I sealed the leaks one at a time until they were fixed (to a point)

1. I sealed the air tube seams with Permatex black sealer everywhere except for a small section at the bottom of the water traps so they can drain any small amounts of water.

2. I sealed the seam of the air tubes where they insert into the frame with a black radiator hose repair tape from the inside and outside.

3. Sealed the air tubes where they insert into the frame with Permatex black sealer.

4. Modified the 08 air box for the seals and installed the Schnitz Motorsports seals.

When finished, If I leave the breather plugged and the drain hole plugged I can stall the engine with cellophane laid over the intakes (front fairing off) Now that is a tight ram air system.

Someone needs to design seals that fit the 08 without the hack... I bet I put 4 hours into the tube modification to make it look as nice as possible. I am assuming they were made for the pre-08 and slip right over the intake tubes. If I ever do this again, I will design my own seals before I hack a brand new air box.

Back