Gen 2 abs for standalone

Kevin Jones

Registered
At first I had the concept of using gen 2 wheels n sensors with the abs rings for my gen 1 and I installed em front n rear. Then when I realized I couldn't easily make them in the 5v format that the ECU wanted, I found out mps had conversion boxes but that was disappointing as I wanted something simplistic and less harness. Has anyone taken after market sensors and mounted them in the abs position and had luck?

At first I had the concept of using gen 2 wheels n sensors with the abs rings for my gen 1 and I installed em front n rear. Then when I realized I couldn't easily make them in the 5v format that the ECU wanted, I found out mps had conversion boxes but that was disappointing as I wanted something simplistic and less harness. Has anyone taken after market sensors and mounted them in the abs position and had luck?
Concept revolved around launch control for my m130. It has a traction control function and traction control integrated into launch control. It requires minimum 2 wheel sensors though

Easiest way is probably going with the ABS signal converter from MPS. I'm working on doing something similar on my front wheel to do boost by speed. I'm using a 3 wire hall effect sensor from DIY autotune. It puts out a 12 VDC square wave and will work with the factory ABS ring. However, it is much larger than the factory sensor and will not fit in the stock bracket. I'm going to start working on making my own bracket in a couple of weeks. If it ends up working, I'll shoot some pics to you. Good luck and keep us posted if you come up with a solution.

Easiest way is probably going with the ABS signal converter from MPS. I'm working on doing something similar on my front wheel to do boost by speed. I'm using a 3 wire hall effect sensor from DIY autotune. It puts out a 12 VDC square wave and will work with the factory ABS ring. However, it is much larger than the factory sensor and will not fit in the stock bracket. I'm going to start working on making my own bracket in a couple of weeks. If it ends up working, I'll shoot some pics to you. Good luck and keep us posted if you come up with a solution.
Please do! I appreciate it. My ecu will only deal with 5v for VSS. As this is a gen 1 I will have to creatively mount these converters if I go that route. I also saw a milspecwiring.com sensor that appeared to be pretty close to the original sensor, I just need to call them and get diameter n stuff, actually looks like its a honeywell, gear tooth sensor Honeywell 1GT101DC / Honeywell GT101 Hall Effect Sensor

Last edited:
In the motec, the 2step/anti-lag/launch control all work kind of in coordination. Whether you choose to retard timing upon an event or not

That Honeywell sensor looks just like mine. Much larger...

If it weren't so much longer, could make a standoff plate and open up the holes but its like almost 3/4" longer. Ill call mps today and ask about that converter. The front one only has 2 wires though. Im trying to think it might need the abs module and 2 converters? I don't know, ill find out. At this point though an adapter plate sounds like a good idea.

Yeah, you would need one converter for each sensor. Here is something if you want to save a little money.

Yeah, you would need one converter for each sensor. Here is something if you want to save a little money.

Dustin from what I can get out of that, I don't need anything but a 5v supply and return and the 2 wires from the sensor and it does a conversion? that's doable

Back