Gen 1 Headlight Retrofit Mod

Batman#1

BatBusa
Donating Member
Registered
I just though some people might be interested in something like this for their Busa. This set up provides a true HID set up with zero glare and you will not be blinding anyone. Also by replacing both projectors I can run both of them as a low beam and a high beam providing twice the light output. Here is the list of parts:
Upper projector is Mini D2S 3.0 w/clear etched lense
Lower projector is a EVO XR w/clear etched lense
XB35 bulbs 6000k
Morimoto 5five 50w balasts
Apollo 3.0 shroud
XB halos 80mm & 90mm white & 100mm amber
This was all purchaced from The Retrofit Source Inc The customer service was amazing when I was planning this mod with them. They helped me choose the correct projectors and halos.

Then I purchased the RGB demon eyes from LED Concepts.

I painted everything black except for the Apollo shround is gold.

This mod requires a ton of grinding and cutting to both the shrouds and the housing as well. Also I had to fabricate my oun mounting bracket for the lower EXO XR projector. Well let me know what you think? I will not have any output pics on the bike for a while since I am still in the rebuilding prosses from being rear ended last year. So here is some pictures. The first output pic is actually with both projectors but they still needed some fine tuning. The last picture is what it looks like with nothing turned on, but with the shround I accidentally snapped into two.....oop.....Luckily my broken headlight from the accident had an intact shrowd (I was pushed into the car infront of me thats why there was frontal damage too when I was rear ended). Anyways sorry about the quality of the pics. Its as good as I could get with my phone.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Parts alone is $400. But these are not your Chinese HID. These are IMO the best aftermarket parts. If you don't do the work yourself, a quality installer would charge around $600-$1000 depending on who does it. It is way more work than it looks like.

you inspired me but the price was way beyond my expense so i made my own 06-07 R1 projector lined up with stock adjusters and i just made a ABS trim so you cant see the bolts working on a second one now and mini dual projectors for my sons SRAD with Busa head light conversion

2015-05-01 18.52.42.jpg

Back