Lets Talk HID Projector Retrofit.

OK
I know the latest thing is Halo Angel Eyes fancy purteeeee green, blue, red LED rings around the headlight. As I am over the age of 40 that look just doesnt fit me we wont get into that.
I need feedback on projector lens. A lot of folks are buying HID bulbs and ballast to put into there Busas to get more output of lighting... The problem with this is the bulb is designed to projected through a Projector lens to keep the light pattern tight on the road not blinding the oncoming traffic. Using an HID bulb in a halogen housing is not only illegal buyt dangerous. No I am not the popo and nor do I pretend nor want to be one. Lately it has been really pi ssing me off with on coming cars with there HID's just blaring in my eyes and I imagine what my 55watts do to others when I am on the bike.
Doing some reading on projectors and why people retrofit them into there cars and motorcycles is to get the sharp cutoff lines and put the light where it needs to be, ON THE ROAD not scattered all over bliding others.

Have you transferred over to a projector style lens?
Which make and model did you go with?
Have you had any issues out of it?

Projectors also have vastly improved performance over stock halogens. HID bulbs are roughly three times brighter than standard halogens which means far more illumination of the road. However, because they are so bright, it is difficult to harness their power to both direct it towards the road where it belongs, and not blind oncoming traffic. Projectors are specifically made to do just this. Projectors shape and focus the intense light from the HID's while preventing it from being directed upwards, into the eyes of other motorists. The projectors create a wide even light that puts halogens to shame. Plus, with a sharp level cutoff , they are safe and courteous for other drivers while being efficient and not wasting light by shining it where it is not needed the way halogens do.

Has anyone used this company?
HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

What Ballasts did you use? I Just sent my headlamp off for a retro fit

Retrofit Kit. Just gotta get creative with it.

1.jpg

zzz.jpg

xxx.jpg

qqq.jpg

Yes, I was able to get it set correctly, and was very time consuming with quite of bit of material removal from the headligh housing. The halo is held in place using fishing line with holes drilled into the hi beam nose for line to pass through. Some use glue or rtv to hold it in place. I opted for a process that would be serviceable for easy replacement.

My kit required separating the headlight housing to get it to mount. For proper light alignment I kept the housing apart while mounted into the front cowl, making the headlight adjusment (removing material with a dremel). When I satisfied with the headlight level I removed the half headlight to reassemble the front front headlight cover.

winterbikepics015-1.jpg

Why bother with just one bulb, when you can replace your mirrors with TWO, count 'em two Trailtech HID spots. Combined with a HID low beam and a PIAA halogen high beam I don't worry about deer, I just set them afire.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers
ken

P.S. There's a bar end mirror on the left hand side.

Back