Gen 1 Hayabusa Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Dyno Kings' started by Redboost, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Redboost

Redboost Registered

Contests won:
    Hi All Busa lovers !

So I just got my bike up and running (see my other thread about the problem).
    With the newly upgraded stator that was supposed to be more efficient and a new MOSFET rectifier the and with my OEM ignition coils back in the bike finally got a custom map.

I will post a pic below, I need some input from other Busa owners who upgraded their Busa from 16Bit ECU to 32Bit ECU, did you guys get any HP gains?
    My thought was to also get a Power Commander Ignition Module to get a more precise map.

https://imgur.com/a/K8TZn

My Mods :
    Factory Pro Velocity stacks
    Sprint P08 filter
    Big airbox mod
    Vance & Hines S4 Titanium Bolt-Ons
    Ceramic wheel bearings
    SuperSprox 40T
    D.I.D 530ZVM-X
    17T Vortex
    PCV

Mods I'm planning :
    32Bit ECU conversion
    Open up my midpipes/get them custom made. for optimized flow.
    Yoshimura Stage 1+ Cams
    Ignition module

With the new mods I hope that I will achieve 175rwhp :D

Almost forgot to mention that my bike has almost 50.000miles/80.000km.

Best Regards
    Marko

IMG_7152.JPG

ROADTOAD1340 likes this.
  2. VIPER

VIPER Formerly known as viperblackbusa. Registered

Contests won:
    Best of luck! Looks like your getting pretty decent power.

3. Jake whitebird

Jake whitebird Registered

Contests won:
    Good luck on your quest! But a full system vs labor into a stock header seems more beneficial no?

4. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Registered

Contests won:
    seems like a lot of money for 9 extra hp.

5. Redboost

Redboost Registered

Contests won:
    @VIPER Thx! For a stock header and stock mid pipes, I'm happy, I have a childhood friend that just started a firm in Barcelona (CM Engineering @ Instagram) that will make me a custom header in the future but for now derestricted mid pipes.

@Jake whitebird I'm getting a custom 4-2 header in the future because it's very hard to find a 4-2 header for the Gen 1 Hayabusa.

@GNBRETT 156.5 was with a map that i downloaded from Powercommander website, 166.2 was with a custom tune.

6. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    I would do a full exhaust with the cams. I would also shave the head or do drop in pistons to up the compression.

One thing I wouldn't do is get a ignition module from power commander. I have had nothing but problems with them on my busa and gsxr's. I love power commander on my gen 1 busa but we have had many problems getting the ignition module to work on it. Spent many hours with power commander trying to figure out what the problem is.

7. Redboost

Redboost Registered

Contests won:
    @busakiller What ignition module did you have?

Is there anybody that can explain to me how to get different maps for each cylinder?
    I just plugged in my pc to the PCV and saw that I have 1 map for all gears and all cylinders, I might be wrong now but isn't it better to have separate maps for each cylinder?

8. nosbig

nosbig Registered

Contests won:
    I could be wrong but I don't think you would be able to accurately tune individual cylinders without being able to monitor the exhaust for each cylinder.

9. busakiller

busakiller Registered

Contests won:
    I have had the pc3 and pcv ignition modules and neither worked.

To tune each cylinder you need to have a o2 sensor on each head pipe. You can do that and you would have a better and balanced tune. But you really don't need to do that. I would only do it if you have big bucks into the motor or you raced in a class where a super good tune would give you the edge over the competition.

Jake whitebird likes this.
  10. Redboost

Redboost Registered

Contests won:
    @nosbig , @busakiller Thanks for the replies!

Have you tried to do an individual map for each gear? With a sensor cable from the speed sensor?