Gen 1 Hayabusa Dyno Please Help

Don't get caught up with numbers. Like alot of people said 87 octane would of netted more power. I see you did the air box mod but didn't see anything about a air filter or stacks.

My gen 1 made 165 with small box mod. 4 2 1 Yosh exhaust, bmc filter, pcv, short v stacks and 87 octane.

Plus I know we have a guy that dynos bikes up here all the time and one week your bike will make 180 and next week you get it dynod and make 10 hp less. Some dynos don't read the same and some don't read correctly ever. Dyno is a measuring tool like everyone is saying. But you still might have some power left over.

One thing I have noticed you can get your bike tuned and they can get the most out of it on the dyno doesn't mean it will be fast on the street. Had a bike tuned once and it was slower at the track with the custom dyno map then the map I made street tuning the bike.

. . . we have a guy that dynos bikes up here all the time and one week your bike will make 180 and next week you get it dynod and make 10 hp less. Some dynos don't read the same and some don't read correctly ever. Dyno is a measuring tool like everyone is saying. But you still might have some power left over.

One thing I have noticed you can get your bike tuned and they can get the most out of it on the dyno doesn't mean it will be fast on the street. Had a bike tuned once and it was slower at the track with the custom dyno map then the map I made street tuning the bike.

A good running stock Gen 1 with stock pipes and air filter will make 160 rear wheel SAE. Notice I said SAE. The shops and/or dyno "techs" you guys are dealing with don't know what they are doing, simple as that. Some of what you said is just not true, too bad that is your experience . . .

Back