Gel Seat

likeapuma

Registered
I know there are a ton of threads discussing Tobin vs. Corbin on here, but no one ever says anything negative/positive about the gel seats. I've seen a lot of pics on here with the gel seats, so I'm assuming they must be ok if noone has anything to complain about?

Said I was only buying one thing at a time...and I just purchased the Buell Pegs yesterday :thumbsup: but what's one more thing?

And do any of the board sponsers sell these? Would rather give them business instead of fleabay or someplace else. Thanks!

Puma

They come direct from Suzuki. Your best price will probably be from your dealership. Make them give you 20% off.

We have two sponsors that can provide you with this seat...

Link no longer works

Well, I have had the stock (Of course), a gel, and a tobin. Out of all three of them, I pick the tobin as the best for me. The gel seemed to get a little hot after long rides, once I got used to the Tobin, that was it. It only took me a little while to get used to it, say one or two rides...

So my advice is to save $100 and put it towards a Tobin and I don't think you will be let down.

Suzuki accessory gel seat is awesome. It would definitely be a good choice. If I were to choose a different seat other than the gel, it would be a Tobin.

had the gel seat. took it off and sold it after one ride. It sucked. My ass and back hurt for 2 days.

I have seen more negative about the gel, only positive about Tobin

I love my gel seat as well... (I've heard that it takes a couple of months for it to "break in")... I could tell a difference by the 3rd ride.... Also, I couldn't bring myself to ship off my stock seat plus $450 and wait 5 weeks before I could ride again :thumbsup:

The gel seat works fine for me....

I love my gel seat as well... (I've heard that it takes a couple of months for it to "break in")... I could tell a difference by the 3rd ride.... Also, I couldn't bring myself to ship off my stock seat plus $450 and wait 5 weeks before I could ride again :thumbsup:

The gel seat works fine for me....

Mine was under $200 and took ten days.

SUZUKI HAYABUSA

Front Seat no logos: $135

Back Seat no logos: $115

Front & Back no logos: $240

Front seat w/2 small logos $160

Back seat with 1 large logo: $140

Front & Back seats w/ 2small and 1 large logo: $290

Lettering (up to 10 letters) $ 20

Zippered Hump Pad when ordedred with seat: $ 55

w/logo or name add $ 10

Ordered separate $ 75

2 Tone seat single(any two materials) add $ 10

2 Tone Front & Back seats add $ 20

Special Thread add $ 5

Matching Tank Bra $ 75

w/name & 2 large logos $115

Last edited:
I have the Suzuki gel seat, and I gotta say, I love it. I tried the tobin, and I must be one of the odd guys that it just didn't work for (too low).

The gel seat feels a lot firmer than stock at first, but it breaks-in over a short time. Although it may not feel "plush", you do realize that your butt is not sore for longer when you use it. Keep in mind that the type of gel technology it uses is used in wheelchair seat cushions for people who have to sit in their wheelchair (unable to shift around) ALL day.

Definitely a no regret purchase for me.

the suzuki gel seat does break in nicely, i recommend. also have a corbin which is nice but was wider and put me on my toes at a stop.

I have a gel seat that I bought from a member here. I went on several 200+ mile rides within the next few days. By the third day I noticed I was not sore when I finished the day. A few weeks later I used it on a 12 day bike trip. I was riding for 8 to 12 hours a day and I was not getting sore. My knees would start bothering my long before my butt did.

I would buy on again. :thumbsup:

I have a Tobin but haven't been on a ride longer then 4 yours through, and I am off the bike and move around some every 1.5hrs or so. I do however want to try the Suzuki gel b/c I am 6'4" tall and with the Buell pegs can have even more room for my legs if I go back to another stockish height seat.

:brave:

Thanks all for the responses...sounds like, for the most part, everyone was pleased with the gel seat! Of course it's all about preference. Main reason for not getting the Tobin is because its lower than the stock seat = even less leg room! Think I'll give the gel seat a shot...never know unless you try! Thanks again for all the input :beerchug:

6'6 here and couldn;t be happier with the Gel... It took a bit to break in, but fits me like a glove... literally.. Down here for bike week, Suzuki is selling them for $150

I just put my gel seat on and rode 300 miles today. My butt is killing me. What's the deal with the break-in period? How long before I stop regretting spending $150 to get buttsores worse than a stock seat would give? I'm for real! You guys that love your gel...can you talk me out of hating mine? :whistle:

Back