Gearing ?

and by the way... how the #*^$ do you wheelie that thing...when its stretched 6 inches out...... i realize ur boosted, but my N/A bike accelerates fast enough to only keep it up for like 2 or 3 sec (about 1-2 ft off the ground too....)  
rock.gif

wow.gif

wink.gif
The wheelie pic was pre boost and at stock length...All she wants to do now is spin the rear...And you just need more practice and you'll be going thru the gears...

the one rule I always used to hear was that one up or down in the front was equal to 3 teeth on the rear in the opposite direction...generally.
i.e. +1 up front = -3 out back & -1 up front = +3 out back.

this 16/42 setup is about equal to +1 out back.....so you aren't loosing more than 5~10mph on the top end...but it make the busa more fun (aka..more wheelies) in the lower gears.

Yea, the 16/40 is nice off the line but, I think it's costing me a little in e.t. Gonna try that 42 a little later.

Just ordered my 42 rear !
thumbs-up.gif

Hope this thing doesn't start wheeling.

<!--EDIT|C_Henry
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117182202 -->

smile.gif
I'am glad I found this topic. I to want to change my sprocket set up. Where I live top end runs are possible all the time lots of country roads wtih no acesss or houses for miles. Thats all fine but as noted most bikes that want to try you top end is not a factomundo. I DONT MIND THE LOSS OF SOME TOP END!!! but at the same time my bike is maxed lowered and whilleeees are out. So I want max excell in the first 4 then just crusing speed in 5 and 6. I found a place on ebay that is selling the following a vortex front and back with a 530 gold gran prix quadra x-ring zvx 120 chain for $199 all new, you can upgrade to a RXO chain for $40 more. The auction states that you get to pick your front tooth # from 14 to 17 and your back tooth # from 38 to 52. So what would be a good mix for my application I want it to fly like I said in the first 4. Someone else I  talked to said to go with a 16/44 set up he told me that if the bike will do 185 at 10,000 rpm then this type of set-up would would still go 185 only at like 11,375 rpm like he said red line.The speed calc from above shows something like 175 at the 10,800 rpm level. I know this is a confusing subject and buying alot of different set-ups and trying them would be ideal but who has that kind of cash to burn. So any more info on this would be great!!!!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

THANKS

<!--EDIT|busa9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117382343 -->

Back