Front sprocket change?

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 16 tooth sprocket to put on the front. What size socket is it too get it off. I got all the way down to the sprocket and realized I didn't have the right size. Also how much harder will it pull then the standard 17 tooth?

I just checked out my service manual bill and it doesn't say.... I looked at the section on how to remove the motor and it doesn't say what size it is.

It is somewhere between 27 and 32 mm I am guessing. I know 27 is too small.

I think you can get the correct size socket at the auto store for front axle nuts on autos, they even rent them..

It is either 32MM or 36 MM.
I cannot remember for sure.
Look at the rear axle nut and the sprocket nut; Whichever is smaller will be 32 and the one bigger will be 36.

thumbs-up.gif

No I didn't get it changed. My brother is going to bring his metric sockets for me to use. Depending on the weather this morning, I might rip into her agian? I am really wanting to get it on and take her for a ride though.

I don't have access to one otherwise I would....Guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way. Maybe I'll get her apart again next weekend if the weather cooperates.

If you do use an impact, make sure the trans is in neutral so you don't damage it. Just apply the rear brake to hold the chain from rotating. When your ready to install the new sprocket, first put it on loose and then the chain. Take up the slack in the chain, apply the rear brake again and tighten the nut. Then lube and adjust the chain and sprockets.  
wink.gif

Back