Gearing help...

$300 on the cush? Are you replacing the cush hub (metal part that the sprocket attaches to), or just the cush rubbers?

gah... so fun gearing means i cannot tell how fast im going lol

You think your setup is complicated ? I bought a Canadian bike in April. It only reads in Kilometers. There is no MPH on the speedo nor can you switch back and forth. I changed to a 42T rear sprocket so I have to figure about 5% difference for the sprocket and then change the Kilos to MPH. I just go with the traffic flow. And forget MPG. The Canadian bike gives a reading for Kilos per Liter. WTF ? Around 260 to 270 Kilos the low fuel light goes on and it usually takes 4 to 4.2 gallons. Frankly, I quit worrying about it all and just go out and have fun. Good luck with your gearing changes ! :beerchug:

I say get the speed o healer, I have one on my bike and my speedo is always right... I calibrate it with a mounted GPS but you could get close pacing with a car.

Why some people even bother answering just to be a jackass is beyond me... To those of you who helped..thank you. For those of you who snub their nose because someone doesn't always want to "simply purchase" everything without asking about pricing and used options...kiss my ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why some people even bother answering just to be a jackass is beyond me... To those of you who helped..thank you. For those of you who snub their nose because someone doesn't always want to "simply purchase" everything without asking about pricing and used options...kiss my ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not being a jackass chief because your question doesn't require anything more than a one sentence answer. Your response is the jackass one because you don't understand anything about your bike.

Your speedo reads high from the factory. If you put a larger rear sprocket the speedo error will be even larger. The solution is a speedohealer/speedometer calibration device whether you can buy one used or not and whether you want to hear it or not. Or you can go with a larger front sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket to try and offset the factory speedo error but why would you want to do that just to make the speedo read correctly?

Last edited:
Not being a jackass chief because your question doesn't require anything more than a one sentence answer. Your response is the jackass one because you don't understand anything about your bike.

Your speedo reads high from the factory. If you put a larger rear sprocket the speedo error will be even larger. The solution is a speedohealer/speedometer calibration device whether you can buy one used or not and whether you want to hear it or not. Or you can go with a larger front sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket to try and offset the factory speedo error but why would you want to do that just to make the speedo read correctly?

I gotta agree with oldschool on this one...

cant you change clusters? wow thats a headache!???

If I change just the dial face to MPH it will read correctly but the odometer will still be in KILOS. I can buy a used gauge set and install it and that will work but I just havent bothered. A few of my friends think its neat as my speedo goes to 300...ha ! Anyway, let us know how you like gearing change.

i agree that speedohealer is the obvious solution.. that is why his post wasnt necessary and is a waste of space. We all know the speedohealer corrects the speedometer..my dilemna was trying to save a little bit of cash and maybe even cheat the system.. as i learned in this post, however, going UP doesnt help..going DOWN on the sprocket helps.. Had I been going down, or things been opposite in this case, I WOULD NOT NEED THE HEALER..and hence my post just in case. That was part of my original question and was answered, with maturity and with respect by someone else (truwrecks and some others)...

Posting a snide remark like his doesnt add ANYTHING except controversy.

But oldschool, thanks for letting me know you "simply" bought a speedohealer and had no dilemna. You have sure been helpful.

Back