16/42 gearing too strong?

I am also running a 16/43. Also at the track with a sticky Shinko, launching off a 2 step at 7k RPM, throwing away the clutch and haven't broke my Alum. Vortex yet. I did however break 2 teeth on a steel 15 tooth front sprocket and I have also broke 3 teeth off of my sprocket hub. Took the wheel apart and found the 3 teeth still sitting in the cush drive!

I ran a stock busa for about 4k miles with a vortex no problem. Added 60hp nos and started draggin it, shredded 3 sprockets in 2 months. Now its turbo and its already bent the teeth on the front. Power adders and aluminum dont mix. Its not just my bike either, Ive changed 4 other bikes who have eaten up alum sprockets, dont matter what big name racer is using them I haven't seen one last.

(drew.brantley @ Nov. 08 2006,19:22) I ran a stock busa for about 4k miles with a vortex no problem. Added 60hp nos and started draggin it, shredded 3 sprockets in 2 months. Now its turbo and its already bent the teeth on the front. Power adders and aluminum dont mix. Its not just my bike either, Ive changed 4 other bikes who have eaten up alum sprockets, dont matter what big name racer is using them I haven't seen one last.
Take a careful look at this picture. I still say keep a good chain on it and they will last. He ran several 190 mph passes in the mid to high 7s on this one Saturday.

post-12-63507-post_12_60977_thunder_valley_nov_4_06_gpiii_108.jpg

(Professor @ Nov. 08 2006,19:25)
(drew.brantley @ Nov. 08 2006,19:22) I ran a stock busa for about 4k miles with a vortex no problem. Added 60hp nos and started draggin it, shredded 3 sprockets in 2 months. Now its turbo and its already bent the teeth on the front. Power adders and aluminum dont mix. Its not just my bike either, Ive changed 4 other bikes who have eaten up alum sprockets, dont matter what big name racer is using them I haven't seen one last.
Take a careful look at this picture. I still say keep a good chain on it and they will last.  He ran several 190 mph passes in the mid to high 7s on this one Saturday.

post-12-63507-post_12_60977_thunder_valley_nov_4_06_gpiii_108.jpg
I took a good look at the pictue... and noticed.... what looks like... a back tire with daylight under it
wow.gif

Illusion? Am I
all_coholic.gif
?

Oh ... and an aluminum rear vortex
cool.gif

(SpeedGeek @ Nov. 08 2006,22:25) I took a good look at the pictue... and noticed.... what looks like... a back tire with daylight under it
wow.gif

Illusion?  Am I  
all_coholic.gif
 ?

Oh ... and an aluminum rear vortex  
cool.gif
Not an illusion, it is off the ground.

Yep, a Vortex... aluminum....... How much force was put on it when it touched the ground shortly after this picture?
SHOCKED.gif

Back