Gearing Question: Front vs Rear...

So far it seems a difference of .4 deg in chain angle between a 16/40 vs a 17/43 i think those were the tooth counts

Boy, this thread has gone south!! Who really gives a crap? As long as everyone likes the gear they are running then the debate over mathematical calculations really don't matter. I happen to think that that +3 feels and behaves differently than a-1 front, as does Marty. No .00005 calculation difference that can be done will change the way we feel about that so I ask again, who cares?

I think there are a couple of things not being considered in the quest for proof on paper.
Gödel's incompleteness theorems
mcnamara fallacy

You guys rock!

:cheerleader:

Wife (lying in bed): "Honey, come to bed."

Husband (sitting at the laptop): "I can't!"

Wife: "Why not?"

Husband: "Someone is wrong on the Internet!!!"

:cheerleader:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nobody talked anything about gas mileage. I know who cares, right?

Well lets say if you wanted to take a long cruise (trip) and wanted the best gas mileage so you had fewer stops etc.

Then what gearing would you choose? Would you go down in the back and up in the front?

I wouldn't care if it limited my top speed to 150. You can't do that for very long on a highway anyways.

If you lowered the back by 1 or 2 that would extend the wheelbase, right? Would you change both or only the rear for gas mileage improvement?

Just curious.......

Back